Improved Barn listings (again)

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Improved Barn listings (again)

Post by The Admin »

We've been listening to your input about the horse listings in your barns.

One thing I learned is that it is impossible to find the perfect set of columns to display and impossible to set the perfect priority on when columns should disappear into the triangle. It all depends on what you are doing at the time. Sometimes, the "Entered For" column is the most important. Other times, searching for races or the "Train" link are the most important.

Another thing I learned is that you sometimes sort of a column just to see which horses have a value set and which ones don't. For example, seeing which horses are assigned to a Custom Barn or for which horses you still don't know the soundness. If you were on a small screen and the Soundness column was hidden, then this operation would be very tedious.

And finally, being able to see the maximum number of columns is more important than whether the text wraps and makes the rows asymmetrical. Maximum info on the screen (no matter how large or small), is paramount.

So here is what we did
  1. We added a button named "Columns" which lets you dynamically hide and show columns. You can choose which columns are important or not for whatever task you are accomplishing. It will remember the columns you have turned on and off for each barn, for about an hour or until you close your browser. We also added a "Show All" button to turn all the columns back on. If you use Custom Barns, it will start with the columns you have set but you can hide from there.
  2. We added new filters to the Status menu. You can filter on Entered/Not Entered, Custom Barn, Soundness Known/Not Known, Condition Preference Known/Not Known. These should help you get the horses you need without having to sort. Also, Custom Barn users can use these new filters to make SmartBarns.
  3. We no longer force the horse list to use only one line per horse row. Allowing the column data to wrap to multiple lines fits more columns onto a smaller window/screen.
Remember that the SIM will use the entire width of your browser window to display columns. For most people on a desktop/laptop, you can see all of the columns simultaneously. But with smaller screens, we hope these enhancements allow you to accomplish whatever you need to do.

Let us know what you think.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Improved Barn listings (again)

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

LOVE IT!!!!
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

This is perfect!! I've been playing with it for a few minutes on my phone. It's so easy to tinker with things as I need to now.

I have one request though. Can we add the columns option to the auction pages? It's already super useful on the sales page.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Being allergic to clutter, this really works for me, thanks!
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Oncu Kaan
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Oncu Kaan »

excellent work, thanks.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Speak for yourself, Ali! :lol:
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Excellent. Thank you :)
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

Admin wrote: 6 years agoYou can filter on Entered/Not Entered, Custom Barn, Soundness Known/Not Known, Condition Preference Known/Not Known. These should help you get the horses you need without having to sort. Also, Custom Barn users can use these new filters to make SmartBarns.
nice :D

I see reloading the page also remembers which columns I have sorted, which is great after I've entered a bunch of horses and need to see who I missed.
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Yeah, this is great. I really love that the sorting carries over even after reloading or changing filters -- takes one step out of the entering process and it's awesome. Thanks for all your work to make this better for us :)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Alleyne Torres wrote: 6 years ago
Admin wrote: 6 years agoYou can filter on Entered/Not Entered, Custom Barn, Soundness Known/Not Known, Condition Preference Known/Not Known. These should help you get the horses you need without having to sort. Also, Custom Barn users can use these new filters to make SmartBarns.
nice :D

I see reloading the page also remembers which columns I have sorted, which is great after I've entered a bunch of horses and need to see who I missed.
I totally forgot that it retains the sort order. Bonus. Have you noticed that is also remembers the Quick Filter text?
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

Thank you! This is very nice!
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I love this! Thank you!
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Cindy Saunders
Miler

Post by Cindy Saunders »

LOVE ALL THE CHANGES!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!
Good Luck and Happy Racing, :lol:
Cindy Saunders!

http://www.facebook.com/cynthia.m.saunders