Happy Year 48!

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: Happy Year 48!

Post by Danny Derby »

Lots of fun today! The mistake with the training barn that let gallops open early may have been the happiest mistake ever. The whole SIM got to ring in the new year tasting the fruits of their labors from last year, and the chat room was packed the whole time. Hopefully gallops opening when the new year begins becomes a fixture rather than a one time anomaly!
Jurgen Ver
Classic Contender

Post by Jurgen Ver »

Have fun everyone in the new year ;-)
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

We got two cats Yesterday and one escaped today!
My cathandle skill is "different career" I am afraid :(
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Yesterday was so much fun! I know it was an accident that gallops opened early but man it was so nice to see chat full, people socializing and enjoying the Sim. And honestly them opening leaves a whole weekend to get our barns in order for Monday! I for one love having the weekend to get horses named, lease horses sent out,equipment checking the last of the new 2yr olds etc. Monday is usually SO hectic with trying to do gallops, entries etc that I wouldn't hate gallops opening on a Friday from now on!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

Does galloping still give equipment hints? Maybe I'm just unlucky but none of my 100 yearlings galloped so far have given me an equipment comment yet.

edit- nvm just got one :)
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 6 years ago
Nena Olson wrote: 6 years ago Galloping when the year turns over is the best thing ever! I don't have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn AND I have the weekend to sort through things <3
Yeah I agree with this, and agree that this should just be a thing from now on.

I couldn't find one damn unhappy SIMster today, everyone was happy and everyone loved it. That alone speaks to the wisdom of just making this a permanent fixture.
I also thought it was wonderful. Thank you!
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

The changes and updates this year are fantastic! As someone who is extremely impatient, I love the return of instant gratification in galloping, but I also loved the idea of getting horses FIT before they ran.

And barn cats. My first one is a black kitty named Tuff in honor of my sweet house panther that we lost in 2015 :)
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!