Happy Year 48!

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Happy Year 48!

Post by The Steward »

Welcome to the new SIM Year! Here is a list of things to expect in Year 48:

1. The return of "festivus:" Gallops and fitness have now been separated out, so that we have returned to the days of "instant" gratification but you can still see how fit your horses are using the jog feature. Nothing with fitness itself has changed other than finding it out by jogging rather than galloping (your horses still need to be fit before they can do well in races, or they can race themselves into fitness). Fitness now has its own column in your barns (if you are a SIMperior player). Otherwise, it is listed on your horse's individual page.

2. BIG improvements to Steeplechasing: Tons of new races, new purses for the graded stakes, and an across-the-board fix on the speed figure situation. It will take you a while to get used to the new race times/speed figures/ability comments, but note that none of your horses have changed themselves, just the way we read them out has changed. This should get rid of the 100 speed figure issue plaguing every single steeplechase race. Additionally, mares got a new ability category, called Brilliant, and we automatically updated any horse that would have fit into that level and was already checked. Lastly, you can check your steeplechasers' fitness for the first time, which you were totally unable to do before.

3. Smart barns got smarter: We fixed some filters to make your smart barns easier to manage. Remember that smart barns are a one-time setting of any type of horse category you might want (Females, 3yos, Thoroughbreds, unbred.... or whatever you desire). This is unrelated to custom barns.

4. 2 Year Old Mixer Claimers: So many more for you to choose from! We left 2yos out when we did our big update last year. Sorry!

5. Breeding: This is the FINAL YEAR that stud fees and number of foals will be unregulated. For the good of the game's economy, there will be new rules on breeding to stallions starting in Year 49. That gives you a full season to breed as many $1 foals as you want, but then that option will be taken away.

And one more thing......... (It's not here yet, but coming in the next few days...)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Happy Year 48!

Post by Dave Trainer »

Terrific news.

Can't wait to see the changes in action next season.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Man - - - I just love barn cats!
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

As much as I enjoy horses, my true dream is to own 15 cats, so I am very into this.
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

Man, I miss the backstretch!! Happy Yr48, good luck everyone.
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Randell Johnson »

My guess for the "one more thing" is that there will be cat races!!!
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Companion animals for our horses ???

Can my cat be a Siberian tiger :) *to match my silks*
If not, a pygmy goat would be nice. :p

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

It all surpasses my expectations! Bravo to the crew!

PS...I want a rooster, lol
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I was just getting ready to go on an unregulated stud fees and quantity rant. The current stallion "issue" is so not like real life breeding. Thanks Em and crew for recognizing and acting to fix.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Well, THIS is a lovely getting-home-from-the-hospital treat! Thanks, sim team!!!
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

"Train under harness" doesn't produce a gallop comment right away? I tried a Trotter and it just said the horse is very unfit and needs more training.
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K
Lance Macisaac
Miler

Post by Lance Macisaac »

Great job everyone! I jogged then trained a horse earlier and was surprised to get a comment. Love the new changes.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Galloping when the year turns over is the best thing ever! I don't have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn AND I have the weekend to sort through things <3
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Thank you, Em and Company. It was fun!!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Nena Olson wrote: 6 years ago Galloping when the year turns over is the best thing ever! I don't have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn AND I have the weekend to sort through things <3
Yeah I agree with this, and agree that this should just be a thing from now on.

I couldn't find one damn unhappy SIMster today, everyone was happy and everyone loved it. That alone speaks to the wisdom of just making this a permanent fixture.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum