Year 50

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Year 50

Post by The Steward »

SIM Year 50 is coming at us quickly, and will be here this spring! What do we have to look forward to in year 50?

-The return of the Pegasus!
-----Keep your Y49 Thoroughbred runners in mind for the Y50 Pegasus!
-Partnerships
-----Legal, SIM-sanctioned ownership groups. Create your own LLC and have fun with your friends!
-The SIM's 50th Anniversary Party!
-----Taking place at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California, on April 6. Please mark it on your calendar and make plans to come!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Re: Year 50

Post by Dan Kauffman »

I'm partnering with Laura Ferguson and Karl Smythe. They don't know it yet but it will be fine with them, I'm sure. :-D
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
J.r. Lewis
Grade 3 Winner

Post by J.r. Lewis »

I'm with Dan :)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Syndicates will be a significant problem, unless their goal was to really narrow down the ## of players that have even the slimmest of chances in this game.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I was just going to post what Pete posted but... yea. I advise everybody to read that lol its a doozy!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Nena Olson wrote: 6 years ago I was just going to post what Pete posted but... yea. I advise everybody to read that lol its a doozy!
It brings up the myriad valid point AGAINST Syndicate Formation.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

Turf Mile LLC...
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Irving Faulkner
Classic Contender

Post by Irving Faulkner »

I think a good help for the new players, increase, your ticket bonus, since the horses of AJ, previously were in 1k, and now it is 10k

I think of 100k, it should be 250k, then 175k, 125k, and the last 100k bonus.

since most of the players, could form their stables, with horses of AJ.

the idea of a syndicate, was 10 years ago, that proposal, which has been her, or died on the way?

Of course this has nothing to do with what the year 50 brings, but since they played the issue, of help, to players, I think it would be good to increase their allowance :P
For judgment is without mercy to him who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Pete, What a great find. This was the SIM at its worst and best. At the time it was a great upheaval with emotions stripped raw. My personally perceived involvement may have been greater or lesser than I thought but I was part of this hugely disruptive event. Seeing the names of all the former and current players is quite nostalgic and I almost look back at that situation misty eyed. I will resurrect my phrase from back then. Arewehavingfunyet? In the SIM, all the time.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Irving Faulkner
Classic Contender

Post by Irving Faulkner »

wow with reading the words of Mr. Maidlow, it is clear that they were difficult times, and Red Hot

I do not imagine what were the reasons, of this war, since this type of events, only manifest in a style of war.

I think that the dialogue, and give an opinion, is better to solve, some kind of situation, that deserves changes, that help all the participants

I think it's easy, create the suggestion box

the tradition (I think, I think, maybe we should, I think it would be better, etc etc etc) :P
For judgment is without mercy to him who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 6 years ago Pete, What a great find. This was the SIM at its worst and best. At the time it was a great upheaval with emotions stripped raw. My personally perceived involvement may have been greater or lesser than I thought but I was part of this hugely disruptive event. Seeing the names of all the former and current players is quite nostalgic and I almost look back at that situation misty eyed. I will resurrect my phrase from back then. Arewehavingfunyet? In the SIM, all the time.
Nena found it, posted it in chat. I stole and posted it on the forums. I can’t take credit lol
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA