Update to Stallions/Max Foals

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Update to Stallions/Max Foals

Post by The Steward »

Hello SIMsters,

Tonight we launched an update to the new Maximum number of foals. You can now "reserve" a number of foals for yourself, AND you can set an amount you want to reserve next year that will go into effect the moment the year changes over. This second option pops up from Weeks 12 - 16, so keep an eye out for it later in the year to reserve yourself slots for next year. You can change the reserved slots at any time, lowering your limit once you are "done" breeding, or you can add to it, as long as there are still spots available. Obviously this doesn't help stallions maxed already this year, but it should help in the future.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Re: Update to Stallions/Max Foals

Post by Regina Moore »

This is really terrific, but most of my stallions lost their cross-breeding ability, and looks like I'd have to pay GP to re-activate. Mysteriously, one stallion out of a half dozen maintained his cross-breeding ability.

ETA: Nyquist also kept his cross-breeding ability, but a couple of other TBs didn't, and the QHs didn't.

ETA2: I just realized that the horses that lost their cross-breeding ability were the ones that I had taken out of stud, so they don't have anything to do with the update.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Regina Moore wrote: 6 years ago This is really terrific, but most of my stallions lost their cross-breeding ability, and looks like I'd have to pay GP to re-activate. Mysteriously, one stallion out of a half dozen maintained his cross-breeding ability.

ETA: Nyquist also kept his cross-breeding ability, but a couple of other TBs didn't, and the QHs didn't.

ETA2: I just realized that the horses that lost their cross-breeding ability were the ones that I had taken out of stud, so they don't have anything to do with the update.
Please check again now.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Fixed - thanks so much!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Much appreciated!
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

I would like the min stud fee looked at as well some older studs need to be cheap to get use ! take American valor no one will use him at 20k but at 10k he is a great value !

this hurts him and other studs like him!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I'm just sad to read there's going to be a next year for this.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Troy Gallant I
Miler

Post by Troy Gallant I »

Forgive me if I'm not the first to think of this, but perhaps a sliding scale of flat percentages based on the stud's history of offspring gallops. For instance, a stud that delivers 50% or more claimers may have a .3% stud fee minimum. While one that produces 25% or more allowance and above, maybe the minimum fee would be .6%. FWIW.
Greg Mey
Derby Contender

Post by Greg Mey »

I would prefer to eliminate the minimum fee with the institution of the max breeding. If an owner has a cheap stud fee, the max will be met quickly and eliminate the stud from the breeding pool. I believe the maximum breeding alone addresses the concern with cheap fees. Owners can also circumvent the minimum fees in other ways.