A Home for Nowitzki

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

A Home for Nowitzki

Post by The Steward »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=780420

Nowitzki needs a new home, and I'd love to get him one before he attempts to defend his Steward's Cup title on Friday. The winner will be his new owner and can decide whether he retires this year or runs next year.

To own Nowitzki, message the Steward with a real-life money offer. The person with the highest bid wins. All proceeds will go to the victims of the recent Toronto terror attack. We have so many Toronto-based players that we love and cherish. Please have your bid in by Steward's Cup 2yo post time tomorrow (Thursday, 8pm Pacific) and be ready to transfer your bid to the SIM's PayPal account.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: A Home for Nowitzki

Post by Laura Smith »

I love this.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

EXACTLY why I love the Sim! And while I'm sure I don't have enough money to get him I sure will be donating to that cause!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Long live the Sim! I love this game, and I love you people!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

This is awesome!
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I'm in. Win or lose, I am happy to donate. The world needs a lot of TLC. And I've always been so happy that I wandered across this game those years ago....
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Thank you for thinking of us. Please note that it has been stressed in our news here that this was not a terror attack, but a frustrated a-hole who couldn’t get a date. Victims were mostly women and from many different corners of the world.
Lily Miles March
Miler

Post by Lily Miles March »

This is a great idea. I don't see the difference between this and the definition of terrorism personally. He was in groups and forums (that I've been aware of for years unfortunately) which hate women and feminists and constantly urge each other to do stuff like this and worse. There are thousands of these people online and offline and they seem to be getting more organised lately. I hate it. It's politically motivated and does want to cause terror in large groups of people (women and feminists are a pretty large group!)
Tamara Estes
Miler

Post by Tamara Estes »

Darcy McBride wrote: 6 years ago I'm in. Win or lose, I am happy to donate. The world needs a lot of TLC. And I've always been so happy that I wandered across this game those years ago....
I agree with Darcy. I know I have no chance of getting Nowitzki, but I am willing to chip into a fund to send to the victims.
Breeder of Distant Dream, The SIMs richest and fastest turf miler ever.
INDIAN HILLS STUD - Home of Champions For your Kentucky boarding needs
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Oh, so sorry that I missed this. I would have made an offer. Don´t know if it would be enough, but still. Great to turn something bad into something good!

Good Luck, Nowitzki!
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Emily are you collecting for donations to the Toronto Van Attack? Do we send our bids in as we normally get game points?

Otherwise, here’s a link for anyone who wants to help.

PS...congrats Steve on your newest acquisition and best of luck tonight.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

This raised over $700 for the victims. Thanks guys! Amazing work!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

I loved this idea. Not something we should do every day or anything but I do think it would be cool to do these every now and then. Maybe have a Stewie yearling or something that goes up for a real money sale, and have like 10% go directly back into the SIM and the rest go to a selected charity or other places in need.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.