Computer

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: Computer

Post by Gwayne's World »

The aging process is doing the same thing to my human body.

Thus, my excuse for having a few loose screws?
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Irving Faulkner
Classic Contender

Post by Irving Faulkner »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 5 years ago The aging process is doing the same thing to my human body.

Thus, my excuse for having a few loose screws?
:lol: :lol: :lol: if it is true, is when you need to have the toolbox, on hand to adjust everything that can be loosened :shock: , but it will always be a good excuse :P
For judgment is without mercy to him who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Irving, you're a gentleman, a scholar and an athletic supporter ;)
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Irving Faulkner
Classic Contender

Gwayne Mike wrote: 5 years ago Irving, you're a gentleman, a scholar and an athletic supporter ;)
:shock: :shock: :shock:I just struck out without swinging, that launch I did not see coming, :shock: without words, more grateful for yours :P
For judgment is without mercy to him who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I am happy to see that you are still writing forum posts Irving! Hope you will be able to have internet access and enjoy this game :)
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Irving Faulkner
Classic Contender

Polk Buffalo wrote: 5 years ago I am happy to see that you are still writing forum posts Irving! Hope you will be able to have internet access and enjoy this game :)
:P Hi Polk, thank you, well yes, I will say that I am 50%, and 50% in the game, thank you for your good wishes, the fear that my country is incommunicado at any time this latent

congratulations for your game, always in the struggle to achieve good extios, and garndes figurations, I know that very soon you will be one of the strong people of the game, like your wife, Flizan

I hope you continue your success

regards
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

No computer, week 2. They better fix it this time!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Irving Faulkner
Classic Contender

:shock: :shock: :shock: THAT, if you lived in Venezuela is acceptable :roll: , but in NORTH AMERICA, it does not make sense :x :x :x

as far as this world has come today, 2 weeks without a computer, that's like breathing without oxygen, like a fish out of water, eating without hunger, etc etc, there is no sentence formulated, that has acceptance of the case :shock: :roll: :x
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Oh no!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The good news is I have my computer back. The bad news is I lost tons of data and have to set it up all over again.

Bleargh.

Be with you shortly ;-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Irving Faulkner
Classic Contender

wow then the fault was Hard Disk, and no mother card, if in the USA they could not recover the data, the disc is more than dead :shock: , and surely it was cylinder failure, or head, that could not read the sectors of the Disk, since if it were the logical card, it could be changed, for an equal, or try to make the disk lift, and recover the information, with the change of some component of the logical card

Now I have an intrigue, that you must configure it, wow, I imagine that to your personal taste, or you must install the programs, with which you work, now I imagine that it has a new hard disk, since if it is the same disk, then, I would not understand because the data was not recovered

that's why it's always advisable to have an external disk where data can be backed up, or upload the information to the cloud, according to your favorite provider, you always have to have those backups, because for a long time, it's difficult to back up, But it is necessary

but anyway, not all the battle was lost, the laptop has returned home

So congratulations, the weekend has a good face :P
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

If its a macbook, its more like they had to reinstall the OS, from what i gather from em's first post it is? If its 4 years old and a macbook, its still repairable by Apple. Not enough info to do more than guess here. But i do know if it is, and you talked to Apple for the repair and if it comes back still not fixed, well at that point good things... very good things.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Chris Everett wrote: 5 years ago If its a macbook, its more like they had to reinstall the OS, from what i gather from em's first post it is? If its 4 years old and a macbook, its still repairable by Apple. Not enough info to do more than guess here. But i do know if it is, and you talked to Apple for the repair and if it comes back still not fixed, well at that point good things... very good things.
Apple was the ones who repaired it. They reassured me I didn't need a backup for a hardware repair because they "only encourage that if someone slips a screwdriver into your hard drive."

And then someone slipped a screwdriver into my hard drive.

Bye, stuff!
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

*facepalm* From a phone call perspective: You got a idiot on the phone. If someone said that, did you get a survey? If so, give them dissatisfied everything. I am a senior advisor as a contractor. In our SOPs and in the login program it specifically asks if the customer has a backup.

If you went to the store, i would talk to the manager at that point because they are supposed to do the same things the tech support line does. In fact they make you sign a waiver for data loss.

By the way, get a external hard drive Em, piece of advice that will save you when you get a new macbook. Time Machine. You get the drive, plug it in and the app will ask if you want to use it as your backup. Yes. Keep it plugged in and every hour it will automatically back up the newest things, like the automatic backup iPhone has and iPad. Time Machine also allows you to restore the data to a new one easily without having to drag and drop.

I am sad that it didnt come back not working again, because at that point, 3 repairs(for the same issue) means they have to replace it.

As for the screwdriver comment, thats uncalled for. Whether a store or the phone line, that is not cool and puts a bad light on Apple as a whole for the rotten ones in the system. Backups are the life blood of a Apple customer, we dont brush that off and should never brush it off. I am so sorry you got that from someone, its not right, its not Apple either.

Only other thing i can say is iCloud. If you have the iCloud Drive on, first off make sure you upgrade the icloud storage to something like the 50 to 200gb so you can back up your data. Second, in System preferences, if you click on iCloud, you will see at the top the iCloud Drive with a options button. Depending if you are on El Capitan or older, you wont have a way to backup your Documents folder or Desktop. If you are on newer, the option button gives you those location to back up. It helps.

It makes me wonder now what they 'repaired' because it sounds like that 2nd time, there was nothing wrong with it except needing a wipe and reinstall. That leads me to wonder who the monkey was and what circus they were swinging.

Your mac is 4 years old. Any mac that is late 2012 or newer can get to Mojave. Again, I am so sorry you got that kind of support.