About to get some New Players!

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emma Hendrickson
Two Year Old

Re: About to get some New Players!

Post by Emma Hendrickson »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago Who says we want the new players to stick around?
why would we not?
Boo!! :shock: :o
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Emma Hendrickson wrote: 3 years ago
Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago Who says we want the new players to stick around?
why would we not?
And that is the crux of it, isn't it? More players mean more demand at auctions, more demand for stallions, etc. It also means winnings get spread around more. I am all for growing the community because I have no desire to play monopoly....that's another game altogether.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

VIVA NEW PLAYERS,breeding needs new blood to continue i believe :shock:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

yeah
Emma Hendrickson
Two Year Old

Post by Emma Hendrickson »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago Image
the fact that you drew it though. :lol: lmao
Boo!! :shock: :o
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Something I was thinking of on my jog - since I'm not willing to run the mentor program again - but I am willing to go on the chat an hour before Friday night results (or Monday night results) once every 3-4 sim weeks and help field questions. If there are other experienced players willing to do this - it might help a lot of new players too shy to ask a question, since others often ask what's on your own mind, and may lead to some healthy/ friendly debate. There will need to be strict rules concerning civility - rude behavior gets you booted from the chat immediately.

edited to add: I think 2-3 veterans per Friday night (or other scheduled time). Whoever is the "official" veterans can be placed on the Sim calendar.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Carolyn Eaton wrote: 3 years ago Something I was thinking of on my jog - since I'm not willing to run the mentor program again - but I am willing to go on the chat an hour before Friday night results (or Monday night results) once every 3-4 sim weeks and help field questions. If there are other experienced players willing to do this - it might help a lot of new players too shy to ask a question, since others often ask what's on your own mind, and may lead to some healthy/ friendly debate. There will need to be strict rules concerning civility - rude behavior gets you booted from the chat immediately.

edited to add: I think 2-3 veterans per Friday night (or other scheduled time). Whoever is the "official" veterans can be placed on the Sim calendar.
I love this idea!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I love it too! Even though I am not brand new I still have questions sometimes. And it would be nice to have a chat room where we could talk about our horses/goals etc. at our own level.