About to get some New Players!

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Re: About to get some New Players!

Post by Kent Saunders »

Send one my way and I will provide some racehorses and coaching
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Free SIMperior is good, free horses are good too. I’m happy to donate enough free SIMperior and free horses to get 8 or 10 new players up and running.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Mentors are probably definitely a good thing to start with.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I've got some time to do a little mentoring!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Harper Daniels
Two Year Old

Post by Harper Daniels »

Somebody mentioned before a NP Claim game in the chat. We could do one for Junior Players too! It would be super fun I think :) I could help a lot with this if we figure out what to do!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Harper Daniels wrote: 5 years ago Somebody mentioned before a NP Claim game in the chat. We could do one for Junior Players too! It would be super fun I think :) I could help a lot with this if we figure out what to do!
The game is for all Harper :)
yeah
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

New player feature:

On a horses page, let them ask the trainer what a horse will be best at, and it can return the horses optimal surface/distance. Ease up that learning curve.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Danny Derby wrote: 5 years ago New player feature:

On a horses page, let them ask the trainer what a horse will be best at, and it can return the horses optimal surface/distance. Ease up that learning curve.
Seconded
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I can see that getting exploited by non new players. Lease or temporarily sell a horse to a new player just to find it out
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago

I can see that getting exploited by non new players. Lease or temporarily sell a horse to a new player just to find it out
Assuming this was something very general turf sprinter, dirt router, etc I would think most veterans would be able to figure it out on their own.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Also speaking of shortening the learning curve perhaps players could get a brief tip sheet to help prevent common newbie mistakes (warnings about training horses to much while racing, overspending for junk horses on the sales page, etc)
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago Also speaking of shortening the learning curve perhaps players could get a brief tip sheet to help prevent common newbie mistakes (warnings about training horses to much while racing, overspending for junk horses on the sales page, etc)
FYI. For the first six weeks of a new players time in the SIM, they constantly get tips displayed at the top of their Sim pages. The tips include:
  1. Horses only need to race once every 14 days or less. If your horse races on Week 1 Day 1, it can race again Week 3 Day 1.
  2. Check the parents of your horses to find out what distance and surface your horse will prefer.
  3. Once you have been playing the game for two weeks, you will receive an additional $75,000. Make sure to budget your money!
  4. Don't waste your money on broodmares; you can't breed until you've been playing a full six weeks.
  5. You can view the New Player Sales Page, where veterans put up horses for a maximum of $10,000.
  6. Introduce yourself on the forum and in the chat room. People like to give away horses and hints to new players.
  7. Don't stress out about your jockey or the horse's equipment yet. Focus on distances and surfaces instead.
  8. Shipping a horse to a farm after a race will help it recover more quickly.
  9. If a horse is racing regularly, it doesn't need any extra exercise, such as galloping or jogging.
  10. All two-year-olds must have two recorded workouts before they can start.
  11. Auctions are a great way to buy horses. Just go to My Office --> Auctions to view any open or upcoming sales!
  12. Write articles for the Feature Race News. It's a great way to learn about the SIM while making money.
  13. New players can't stand stallions because they need to have at least $350,000 in earnings to be successful and you have to buy numerous mares to support them.
  14. When using farms to rest horses between races, pick a farm that is both affordable and close to save on shipping costs.
  15. Galloping, jogging and workouts build fitness but aren't needed once a horse is racing regularly.
  16. Training tools such as gate schooling and longeing build fitness before a horse's first race.
  17. Too much exercise will end in injury to the horse. Check with the vet to be sure!
  18. Don't give a yearling a workout before Week 5 each year. They will be injured if you do!
  19. Yearlings, foals and mares don't make you any money. Only racehorses do.
  20. There is a 'Recommended' filter on the sales page just for New Players.
If you think we are missing anything important, let us know.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 5 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago

Assuming this was something very general turf sprinter, dirt router, etc I would think most veterans would be able to figure it out on their own.
Whoops read it wrong the first time! I thought Danny meant exact distance, like 1 1/4 miles etc haha :oops:
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Netone
Two Year Old

Post by Netone »

I think that with a good amount of GPs, players could experience several options:
Buy your silks
Buy companion animal
SIMperior Weeks
Buy the training piece
create a competition
create a horses
and everything I can do with the GPs.

There I would have a great experience, to be able to enjoy all these tools.

It could be 25000 GPs, I'm sure it's better than a full month of SIMperior.
Brad Searcy
Miler

Post by Brad Searcy »

Edit: Actually nevermind.