HOF Class for Y52!

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Re: HOF Class for Y52!

Post by John Slotmon »

Lori Hamill wrote: 5 years ago
John Slotmon wrote: 5 years ago
Lori Hamill wrote: 5 years ago Congrats to all the winners!

But still no Knightsbridge Road??? :(
Knightsbridge Road wasn't even nominated, was he? Should absolutely be in the HOF!

Also , whatever Nena Said!
Yes, he was nominated. I voted for him. :(
He's one of those ones the Steward should put in by fiat and nobody would object.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Knightsbridge Road wasn't even nominated, was he? Should absolutely be in the HOF!

He's one of those ones the Steward should put in by fiat and nobody would object.
I am also astonished and baffled why Performing Tricks isn't in the Hall of Fame.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Nena Olson wrote: 5 years ago

I am also astonished and baffled why Performing Tricks isn't in the Hall of Fame.
Y'all had your chance to nominate things!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Thank you to everyone who voted for Rilian! He becomes my second horse in the HoF and it's super special because he's the son of that first horse (Shalom).
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago
Nena Olson wrote: 5 years ago

Y'all had your chance to nominate things!
Knightsbridge Road for the next ballot. Also, to repeat: what Nena said.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Not like the three that did get in were any less deserving, though -- the division just has a backlog of deserving horses ;)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Knightsbridge Road was on the ballot - he and Ease (the big one I want to just induct myself) only got four votes each.

Some horses are just... never going to get in, probably!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago Knightsbridge Road was on the ballot - he and Ease (the big one I want to just induct myself) only got four votes each.

Four votes each???? :shock:

Took Right Hand Man like 89 years to get the vote. Maybe it's this division's thing?
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago Knightsbridge Road was on the ballot - he and Ease (the big one I want to just induct myself) only got four votes each.

Four votes each???? :shock:

Took Right Hand Man like 89 years to get the vote. Maybe it's this division's thing?
It's not that Adjust the Sound, Perfect Night, and Soldier Field aren't truly deserving. It's that Ease and Knightsbridge Road are from another time period, I think. Ease is probably more deserving (stats wise) but for some reason I remember Knightsbridge Road with more fondness. :) (They both retired right before I joined in year 22.)
Last edited by Lori Hamill 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

It's not that Quicker Than Light, Graces or Happy Times Ahead aren't truly deserving. It's that Ease and Knightsbridge Road are from another time period, I think. Ease is probably more deserving (stats wise) but for some reason I remember Knightsbridge Road with more fondness. :) (They both retired right before I joined in year 22.)
The first 3 you mentioned are dirt sprinters, Knightsbridge Road and Ease are turf sprinters so Adjust the Sound, Perfect Night and Soldier Field got in in their category ;)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Yea without the ability to quickly see stats on a voting page (we should have a past performances page like races do honestly), people are out of sight and out of mind which is why popular sires/broodmares with not as stellar records get in over a better racehorse that wasn't as good in the breeding department.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Nena Olson wrote: 5 years ago Yea without the ability to quickly see stats on a voting page (we should have a past performances page like races do honestly), people are out of sight and out of mind which is why popular sires/broodmares with not as stellar records get in over a better racehorse that wasn't as good in the breeding department.
This,

but let's not forget that most if not all of the nominated horses across all the divisions do really deserve to be in the HOF and should get there eventually. Sure, KR belongs, but you can't say he belongs any more than the three TS who did get in. There will always be a bottleneck of deserving horses who are not DR or TR simply because (as far as I can recall) we've never split the TB voting up by division before, have we? And the well-known big name routers almost always get in first.

I kinda liked that we voted on individual divisions. Can we keep doing it this way?
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Carole Hanson wrote: 5 years ago

It's not that Quicker Than Light, Graces or Happy Times Ahead aren't truly deserving. It's that Ease and Knightsbridge Road are from another time period, I think. Ease is probably more deserving (stats wise) but for some reason I remember Knightsbridge Road with more fondness. :) (They both retired right before I joined in year 22.)
The first 3 you mentioned are dirt sprinters, Knightsbridge Road and Ease are turf sprinters so Adjust the Sound, Perfect Night and Soldier Field got in in their category ;)
Sorry, Carole, home with a bad head cold and brain fog. I will fix. :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Laura Smith wrote: 5 years ago
Nena Olson wrote: 5 years ago Yea without the ability to quickly see stats on a voting page (we should have a past performances page like races do honestly), people are out of sight and out of mind which is why popular sires/broodmares with not as stellar records get in over a better racehorse that wasn't as good in the breeding department.
I kinda liked that we voted on individual divisions. Can we keep doing it this way?
That's the plan! As long as everyone keeps submitting their nominations!

Not now, though. Please don't do it now.
Tamara Estes
Miler

Post by Tamara Estes »

Congratulations Louise Bayou and Stephen Saratoga! Well done. First time on the ballot, so very well done Louise!

Congrats to all the owners of the deserving horses as well. Great HOF class.
Breeder of Distant Dream, The SIMs richest and fastest turf miler ever.
INDIAN HILLS STUD - Home of Champions For your Kentucky boarding needs