Y53 AJ Rate

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Y53 AJ Rate

Post by Nick Gilmore »

So that’s 5k for anything, not just young stock...something rotten in LaLa land
Steve Wildermuth
Sprinter

Post by Steve Wildermuth »

May I ask The Steward what is the thinking is behind this AT&T type of
price hike. Is it to slow down the game?

Steve
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Do we have to pay for 4 y olds too?
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Steve Wildermuth
Sprinter

Post by Steve Wildermuth »

Flizan,

Alexandra Jaysman (better known as AJ) is the computer. When you send a horse to greener pastures, you are really giving it back to the computer. Upon doing this, you relinquish all rights to that horse. The horse can be sold or given to an interested party, or it can be terminated. Four year olds and younger cost $5,000 to send to Greener Pastures.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

I know, Steve. But it´s not clear if we have to pay 5000 for AJ to take care of our 4 y old too? We paid to get rid of 0, 1, 2 and 3 y old earlier, but my question was- do we have to pay for our 4 years old when sending them to greener pastures now or is the same as earlier.

"Updated on 5/11/19 to show that the dispersals happen during the day now (not at midnight Pacific), larger barns are auctioned, and it now costs $5,000 to send 4yos and younger to Greener Pastures."-The Steward
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I sent a 4yo to greener pastures earlier today and it was free. It should say next to the button whether you have to pay to send the horse to AJ or not.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

So, starting in YR 53, I could "hold" my under performers off to the side until they are 5, then send them to GP for $0?

I can understand raising the GP price for 3 and under. But I don't understand the reasoning to include the 4 yr olds now.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Darcy McBride wrote: 4 years ago So, starting in YR 53, I could "hold" my under performers off to the side until they are 5, then send them to GP for $0?

I can understand raising the GP price for 3 and under. But I don't understand the reasoning to include the 4 yr olds now.
Me neither. Feels like a punishment for something but I don't know for what... :?
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

Maybe this is the stew way of letting us know that some don't peak until age 5, so don't toss them before they have a chance
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I miss read the original post, so it’s young horses that the rate goes up. I will assume 4 and up will remain the same, unless Emily would please correct me.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago I miss read the original post, so it’s young horses that the rate goes up. I will assume 4 and up will remain the same, unless Emily would please correct me.
It's 5 year olds and up now, Nick, Em updated the FAQ's, Anything 4 and under will be $5,000.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11131
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
J.r. Lewis
Grade 3 Winner

Post by J.r. Lewis »

Lori Hamill wrote: 4 years ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago I miss read the original post, so it’s young horses that the rate goes up. I will assume 4 and up will remain the same, unless Emily would please correct me.
It's 5 year olds and up now, Nick, Em updated the FAQ's, Anything 4 and under will be $5,000.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11131
It says 4yos and younger will cost $5k in that thread. I'm pretty sure that's what it is now.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I believe the fee to AJ started originally with just yearlings, then the following year went to 2yos and under, then stalled out for a number of years at 3yos and under.
Mike Springer
Classic Contender

Post by Mike Springer »

I'm I the only that likes this change? I think $10k would be better.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Mike Springer wrote: 4 years ago I'm I the only that likes this change? I think $10k would be better.
I like it as well.