3 Horses Per Race

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

3 Horses Per Race

Post by The Steward »

Most races have a limit of 2 horses per race.

The Steward's Cup, Thoroughbred Triple Crown, Quarter Horse 2yo and 3yo Triple Crowns all had a limit of 3 horses per race per owner.

As of today, Dubai/Pegasus/Trotting TC/Pacing TC all allow 3 entries per owner.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: 3 Horses Per Race

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’ve been trying to think of something silly to say since I read this yesterday and the best I can come up with are:

“If only I had ONE!” And “If anyone has more than 3 I’d be willing to take one for the team and lease it for the race” 😜
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Hope that we can get the Louisville Oaks to this list of races next year. I had a pair of fillies who both deserved to be in there this year but couldn't be due to the 2 horse limit. I think any race with a $1M+ purse should get the limit upped to 3.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

For every extra one you have another player loses out. Maybe someone who was hoping to have their first runner in a big race.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago For every extra one you have another player loses out. Maybe someone who was hoping to have their first runner in a big race.
Frankly if their horse doesn't belong in the race that's just too bad. I'm more interested in seeing the best possible fields in a $1M race rather than someone entering a no hoper just so they can have a runner in the big race. If they have enough points, they're in, simple as that.
Dom Behan
Turf Router

Post by Dom Behan »

Surely if any horse has the points to qualify it should be able to run?
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Dom Behan wrote: 4 years ago Surely if any horse has the points to qualify it should be able to run?
Not if an owner already has two (or three in some cases) horses in the race.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago
Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago For every extra one you have another player loses out. Maybe someone who was hoping to have their first runner in a big race.
Frankly if their horse doesn't belong in the race that's just too bad. I'm more interested in seeing the best possible fields in a $1M race rather than someone entering a no hoper just so they can have a runner in the big race. If they have enough points, they're in, simple as that.
I'm not talking about no hopers. Yours might only have 5 more points than someone else's. Their horse might belong in it as much as yours. It might have less points because its very unsound and not run as often.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago
I'm not talking about no hopers. Yours might only have 5 more points than someone else's. Their horse might belong in it as much as yours. It might have less points because its very unsound and not run as often.
Situations like this are far less common than the one I described. Besides that, the horses with the most points being able to enter a race is super clear and level for everyone. No one has an advantage, and everyone knows from the start what the criteria are.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Everyone knew it was 2 horses per player for those races before it was changed. That was super clear as well.
Dom Behan
Turf Router

Post by Dom Behan »

Perhaps it is time for the game to consider dropping the 2-3 horse per stable cap and go with the points, applicable all races, all levels. Bread and butter races should also benefit from any tweaks.
Steve Wildermuth
Sprinter

Post by Steve Wildermuth »

So how does this work for 2yr olds? There are stakes races from day one.
I assume the points start at zero to enter and then gradually increase as
the season goes on.
What about those that have a horse gallop increase to stakes or
freak, they will have to run in lower races until they get enough points
to run in higher ones?
I think if you go to a point system to enter, you should review the number of
entries required to run a race. I think this should increase.

Steve
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

You could also have average points per number of runs so the older horses don't get an advantage because they have run more often in the 3yo and up races.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Any chance of upping it to 4 for the Derby?
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago Any chance of upping it to 4 for the Derby?
I don’t think there should be any limit for these and especially not the Derby, if you have a horse with enough points to make it into the meat of the field than it 1000% should be running.
yeah