3 Horses Per Race

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: 3 Horses Per Race

Post by Nena Olson »

I doubt Danny would have been singing the same tune had this been 4 or 5 SIM years ago and a particular other big DR stable could have had 7 or 8 entries in the Derby every year without limits.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

One thing no one is even considering is that the Derby more often than not doesn't fill. The past 8 years it has had 19, 20,15, 15, 20, 15, 19 and 17 runners.
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I'm shocked Em does anything nice for us. She does something like increase the major races from two to three and it gets stomped on because it's not what certain players want. Why not just be grateful she increased it to three. That's one more chance that you have to win the race. If you're that worried the ones you choose won't win, then maybe it is time to reevaluate your selections before entering.

Not every barn has the ability to send 3 horses but that doesn't mean they don't deserve the opportunity to put in their best horse. If you are so lucky to have 3 or more amazing horses then you should know which horses would excel at that specific race. :)

Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago I doubt Danny would have been singing the same tune had this been 4 or 5 SIM years ago and a particular other big DR stable could have had 7 or 8 entries in the Derby every year without limits.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

What about only restricting the number of entries by a single player if the race is full? If there's only 15 horses in the race and I want to run one or two more bringing the total to 16 or 17 there's absolutely zero negative impact on anyone except myself who is guaranteeing a loss for even more of my runners.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

But gives you the chance to shut anyone else out of the money...

Side note: It also takes away from people who purposely only enter one horse to keep the field size small. Three is plenty
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I feel that the most qualified horses should always be allowed to enter in a race.

If a trainer/owner worked really hard to build up their broodmare band over the years or made smart purchases and has more than 3 horses that actually qualified for the race, let them enter and race under their own colors. I don't recall seeing too many players over years complaining about not being able to enter their horse in the Derby.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago But gives you the chance to shut anyone else out of the money...

Side note: It also takes away from people who purposely only enter one horse to keep the field size small. Three is plenty
If he still has the ability to race his "other horses" under his partnership or another player what is the difference?
He would still have the horses in the race shutting others out of the money.

From what I have read, I'm understanding that he just wants more chances to win under his own colors. I don't see a problem with that.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago But gives you the chance to shut anyone else out of the money...

If their horse is good enough it won't get shut out of the money.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago Wait, I thought the original question posed increasing the limit to 4. Another two entries for one trainer would allow for 5 entries total...it keeps...going up.
Original question didn't offer a "only if it doesn't knock out anyone else" solution. This one does. If the race isn't full and everyone who wants to run can run, what's the problem?
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago Aren’t there still too many variables that could work in your favor if you have 5 entries and others have 3? Bad PP, upset wins, etc. I would think the more entries you have, the more the probability increases for you to win from those random factors. Yes? No? I think it’s still valid, even if it only make a difference once in a blue moon.
I mean, the whole point of entering more horses is to increase your chances to win.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago I doubt Danny would have been singing the same tune had this been 4 or 5 SIM years ago and a particular other big DR stable could have had 7 or 8 entries in the Derby every year without limits.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago

If he still has the ability to race his "other horses" under his partnership or another player what is the difference?

From what I have read, I'm understanding that he just wants more chances to win under his own colors. I don't see a problem with that.
I thought the rule changed after Danny did that last year so he couldn't lease them to his own partnership again to run.

If he leases to someone else he doesn't get the purse money or the trophy, that is the difference.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago
Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago

I thought the rule changed after Danny did that last year so he couldn't lease them to his own partnership again to run.

If he leases to someone else he doesn't get the purse money or the trophy, that is the difference.
I do not think There was a rule put in place from my understanding. A horse can go to a partnership under lease and then the lease can be terminated.
I leased some QH to my partnership to run in the SC last season.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Did that take you over the limit allowed to be owned (or part owned) by you in those races? If it did its just a way of getting around the rule that is in place of 3 runners per race and needs to be stopped. Would that be the same partnership that Danny used before or the other one you're in with him?