3 Horses Per Race

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: 3 Horses Per Race

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago Did that take you over the limit allowed to be owned (or part owned) by you in those races? If it did its just a way of getting around the rule that is in place of 3 runners per race and needs to be stopped. Would that be the same partnership that Danny used before or the other one you're in with him?
Of course it took me over the limit. Why would I lease a horse to my partnership if I could have entered it myself.

Was it the same partnership that Danny used before? No, but we are partners with each other so it doesn’t matter regardless.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

5 pages on this!

edit: 69th reply nice.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Tim Matthews wrote: 4 years ago 5 pages on this!

Nice.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Tim Matthews wrote: 4 years ago 5 pages on this!

Nice
yeah
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

[quote="Pete Vella" post_id=404739 time=1570748784 user_id=18213]
[quote="Dave Trainer" post_id=404738 time=1570748534 user_id=23563]
Did that take you over the limit allowed to be owned (or part owned) by you in those races? If it did its just a way of getting around the rule that is in place of 3 runners per race and needs to be stopped. Would that be the same partnership that Danny used before or the other one you're in with him?
[/quote]

Of course it took me over the limit. Why would I lease a horse to my partnership if I could have entered it myself.

Was it the same partnership that Danny used before? No, but we are partners with each other so it doesn’t matter regardless.
[/quote]

Two partnerships with the same two players which means you could have entered 12 horses between the two of you, 3 each as individuals and 6 in the partnerships.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago
Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago
Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago Did that take you over the limit allowed to be owned (or part owned) by you in those races? If it did its just a way of getting around the rule that is in place of 3 runners per race and needs to be stopped. Would that be the same partnership that Danny used before or the other one you're in with him?

Two partnerships with the same two players which means you could have entered 12 horses between the two of you, 3 each as individuals and 6 in the partnerships.
That’s our plan for this year’s derby. How did you figure that out so quickly? Did you steal our secret play book?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

That’s our plan for this year’s derby. How did you figure that out so quickly? Did you steal our secret play book?
You can hardly find a G1 race anymore where Pete and I don't have 12 combined entries.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago

You can hardly find a G1 race anymore where Pete and I don't have 12 combined entries.
I can never even get my horses into the field because of you two and your 12 entries...
yeah
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

https://tenor.com/view/bearvsman-bear-k ... if-5430193

You two! Stop making me spit coffee on my laptop. There's only so much moisture it can take!
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I thought your plan was for 16 entries which was why Danny wanted 4 per player.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I thought your plan was for 16 entries which was why Danny wanted 4 per player.
Good thing Pete nominated all his mixers to the TCT so we'll have the horseflesh to make this happen.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I've received a couple of emails asking me to weigh in, so I shall:

-We have no plans to change the current entry limit. If there seems to be a lot of need, for example, if year after year a trainer is left scrambling to find a place for their fourth or fifth horses who are multiple graded winners who genuinely deserve a shot, we would probably look at it. But since that's not a thing, we aren't looking at it.

-Yes, we know people are giving horses to their partnerships to run. Partnerships continue to be a hotly debated topic that aren't being used for the primary purpose (to breed and race horses with your friends, rather than exploit loopholes), so they WILL be looked at, as opposed to the above that probably won't.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Okay then.
Dennis Peterson
Two Year Old

Post by Dennis Peterson »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago -Yes, we know people are giving horses to their partnerships to run. Partnerships continue to be a hotly debated topic that aren't being used for the primary purpose (to breed and race horses with your friends, rather than exploit loopholes), so they WILL be looked at ...
I haven't followed the whole partnership debate (wish I had more time!), but the issue of exploiting loopholes to "win" reminds me of one my favorite quotes from John Adams. To his wife Abigail, he wrote: "We cannot guarantee success in this war, but we can do something better - we can deserve it."