2 years

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

2 years

Post by The Steward »

It's been 2 years since Scott Eiland passed away unexpectedly. I know a bunch of us still miss him terribly.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Re: 2 years

Post by Andrew James »

RIP Scott. We never met but I always felt like we did because of your presence on the SIM. His race call intros always were part of the excitement when I joined the SIM and his podcast series Ask Em Anything helped me grow as a player immeasurably. He is missed.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I think of him several times a week. Miss him like crazy.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

RIP Scott :( I still remember vividly as it was so soon after my Dad passed. Hard to believe it has been two years :(
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

:(
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I never got to play with him, but I even think of him fairly often. The impact he had on the game and the players around him, I can only imagine how awesome of a guy he was. 💔
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Still so hard not to text, call, or send him a message about something. He was the best.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

I still want to text him. The Behind-The-Scenes of Hold All Tickets was the BEST part of it all as I'm sure anyone who was ever on it can confirm. I remember when Nena and I co-hosted we'd spend so much more time talking OFF the air than we did on the air. That's a podcast that can never be replicated.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Ashley Gibson wrote: 4 years ago I still want to text him. The Behind-The-Scenes of Hold All Tickets was the BEST part of it all as I'm sure anyone who was ever on it can confirm. I remember when Nena and I co-hosted we'd spend so much more time talking OFF the air than we did on the air. That's a podcast that can never be replicated.
It's true ☹️ also our random notes to him while he was trying to type up a schedule so he kept having to change it. Or when NO FAIL his dad called him during the podcast time every single time and he would forget to mute so we'd just give commentary even when he couldn't hear it 😂 I miss those days 😭
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

It is still so hard to believe that he is not here and we will never hear his voice/jokes/posts again. Had so much fun with him when we played the werewolf game so many years ago. Such a great guy and gone way too soon. :cry:
Last edited by Lori Hamill 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

No doubt it was a privilege to listen to him. What you saw or heard was what you got.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Scott was just so much dang fun! And I miss his rants terribly! His Podcasts were fabulous! Unbelievable it's been 2 years now. We miss you to pieces, Scott!
(And give the Astros a helping hand)!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I have many fond memories of playing SIMvivor with Scott. While I gave him all kinds of grief on the forum, in our private messages, I had a blast communicating with him and really enjoyed the experience. I just went back through the forum post, it was great!
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

i still have all our messages to each other on messenger which i have kept, an amazing man
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..