To Admin and our beloved Steward

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dennis Peterson
Two Year Old

Re: To Admin and our beloved Steward

Post by Dennis Peterson »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago In this day and age, advertising is everything ...

I can only imagine how tempting it must be to accept what must be a lucrative donation into your coffers. But I thank you with all my heart for keeping the commercials out of the Sim!
I'd be curious to know the demographics of the SIM owners/players. Not to be a wet blanket, but I'm having a hard time imagining there is huge interest from advertisers to reach 710 people (current number of owners) from all over the world with all kinds of demographics connected only by their enjoyment of horse racing. I'd be thrilled for The Steward if they want to reach this audience, and would support ads done in an unobtrusive way, if the interest is there.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Dennis Peterson wrote: 4 years ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago In this day and age, advertising is everything ...

I can only imagine how tempting it must be to accept what must be a lucrative donation into your coffers. But I thank you with all my heart for keeping the commercials out of the Sim!
I'd be curious to know the demographics of the SIM owners/players. Not to be a wet blanket, but I'm having a hard time imagining there is huge interest from advertisers to reach 710 people (current number of owners) from all over the world with all kinds of demographics connected only by their enjoyment of horse racing. I'd be thrilled for The Steward if they want to reach this audience, and would support ads done in an unobtrusive way, if the interest is there.
I’m sure Runhappy would happily sponsor the SIM! :lol:
yeah
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Umm, everyone.. There are ads in the SIM. I see this HUGE yellow annoying box advertising stallions to me any time I look at my breeding barn. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would also like to just express my gratitude for the SIM (and it's lack of pushy ads) ;)
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

I agree that most advertisers are probably not going to be interested in the 700 or however many people who are active in the sim. I have over 2,000 followers on twitter and no company has come to me saying we would like for you to advertise our product so if over 2,000 isn't enough the smaller number here likely wouldn't be either.

I don't know are the ad's for stallions purchased via gp's? I've never had a stud lol. if that's the case while I'm sure my next suggestion would not go over well with some instead of paying with gp's make them pay real money for it. I can trade my sim cash for gp's so the sim doesn't make money necessarily. yes someone has to purchase the gp's or win them first. maybe the sim revenue is completely fine though and wouldn't need to do that. I have no idea what the cost vs revenue net profit etc is.

The way to implement ads if there was interest would be to make them available to anyone who wanted to click on the ad. Then after watching the ad you get 1 GP and only one ad per day or something if it's GP. The other one would be maybe clicking to watch an ad and you get told what piece of equipment to use for a horse etc.

I would say watching an ad and getting a GP or any amount of Gp's would be the best option since if we could just watch an ad and know what the bloodstock agent says about our mare or piece of equipment this imo brings down the value of Gp's and the ad would not be making the sim as much money as us purchasing Gp's. I said 1 Gp per day since this is still a company and has to make money to continue so can't just give away a bunch of stuff for free. The amount or how many ad's/Gp's per day/week could be discussed and altered.

I got this idea basically from poker sites I've played on where you could watch a an ad and get tokens to then play in tournaments etc. or other games where they don't force you to watch an ad but if you do you get whatever they offer in the game. apologizes for the long winded reply.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.