Y55 Update Thread

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Y55 Update Thread

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
The Steward wrote: 4 years ago It was always supposed to remove Farm and Track Expenses Week 16, but it hasn't worked for a couple of years because the SIM would go on break before the expenses were removed. Strangely enough, not a single soul told us they stopped being charged expenses for several YEARS..... until one person stepped forward and was like You know this is happening, right?
😅 I never even noticed the farm part!

I’m just bummed about the board fees since the majority of my horses run on Fridays and that means I’ll be paying track boarding fees (often $200) vs my usual $0 (my farms) or $20 💔
Ditto! I honestly never noticed.

I'm assuming board is taken out at midnight game time between Day 5 and Day 6. So if you ship after result or use auto shipping home, then it won't be an extra cost.
If it’s the same as when it was on day 7 it’ll be day 5 right at midnight game time (1am for me). So between days 4 and 5, vs between 6/7 😔
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I wish it was after results on Friday, honestly.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Rochelle and Ali, you are both misunderstanding..

“ Minor Y55 update. Board fees will be charged on Day 5 rather than Day 7. Farm and Track expenses will be charged on the same weeks as before (week 4, 8, 12 and 16) but on Day 5 rather than Day 7.”

Week 4, 8, 12, 16. This is the 4 times a season a farm owner is charged $20,000 for owning a farm. It normally costs $80,000 a season to own a farm, but because it charged week 16 day 7 and season ended end of day 5, it was not charging the week 16 fee.

Has nothing to do with your horses at the track or not.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago Rochelle and Ali, you are both misunderstanding..

“ Minor Y55 update. Board fees will be charged on Day 5 rather than Day 7. Farm and Track expenses will be charged on the same weeks as before (week 4, 8, 12 and 16) but on Day 5 rather than Day 7.”

Week 4, 8, 12, 16. This is the 4 times a season a farm owner is charged $20,000 for owning a farm. It normally costs $80,000 a season to own a farm, but because it charged week 16 day 7 and season ended end of day 5, it was not charging the week 16 fee.

Has nothing to do with your horses at the track or not.
The original post says both the day farm expenses and board is charged is changing to day 5. Ali and Rochelle's concern falls over the board part as that is now a racing day whereas day 7 wasn't so presumably they will have horses on the track.

Few comments.
1. I am sure board changed for the same reason as farm expenses, week 16 day 7 doesn't exist nor does day 6 so if you charge things on those days you miss a week. Day 5 is the closest day to 7 that exists every week of the season.

2. While it is true that day 7 wasn't a racing day and day 5 is unless you were shipping your horses to the track less than 48 hours before their race (which how many people were doing prefirst class shipping?) your Monday racers were already on the track day 7. Along those lines there really is no good day/time to make board come due to avoid any horses being on the track. If you switch it to after results Friday now all my 1:00pm Saturday horses are on the track already.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago It was always supposed to remove Farm and Track Expenses Week 16, but it hasn't worked for a couple of years because the SIM would go on break before the expenses were removed. Strangely enough, not a single soul told us they stopped being charged expenses for several YEARS..... until one person stepped forward and was like You know this is happening, right?
I honestly never noticed, but would you look at that, since year 47 it hasn't charged the week 16 fee :lol: Still bummed about board being charged Friday though, makes it rough with Saturday runners, I haven't paid board in so many years
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k