Week 16 Call Schedule

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Re: Week 16 Call Schedule

Post by Nini Panini »

I'm very curious! Is there a bigger amount of rehearsal that goes into really big races like the Triple Crown, the Arc, the SC Classic, etc? Like, do you have certain phrases in mind for the finish?
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Just in case people are scared to click on this, it's the video of me calling a race (that hasn't happened yet, so this isn't a real result).
SO COOL!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Nini Hunter wrote: 3 years ago I'm very curious! Is there a bigger amount of rehearsal that goes into really big races like the Triple Crown, the Arc, the SC Classic, etc? Like, do you have certain phrases in mind for the finish?
Literally no rehearsal at all. I am 150% winging it every time, and if I don't actually LOOK at the result before hand then the error you see in the video can happen, or a horse makes a move and I'm like where did that horse come from.... kind of like a real announcer? I mean I have my go-to phrases but they aren't preprepared.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Nini Hunter wrote: 3 years ago I'm very curious! Is there a bigger amount of rehearsal that goes into really big races like the Triple Crown, the Arc, the SC Classic, etc? Like, do you have certain phrases in mind for the finish?
Literally no rehearsal at all. I am 150% winging it every time, and if I don't actually LOOK at the result before hand then the error you see in the video can happen, or a horse makes a move and I'm like where did that horse come from.... kind of like a real announcer? I mean I have my go-to phrases but they aren't preprepared.
I have no idea how you do it. Just the thought of winging it gives me so much anxiety!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Post by Nathan Klein »

Honestly It is gonna be amazing hearing all these race calls but dang will I feel bad for EM's vocal cords after the week ends.
"Nathan you tweaking"
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Just in case people are scared to click on this, it's the video of me calling a race (that hasn't happened yet, so this isn't a real result).
I was very impressed with how quickly you did the math to get the length of the field from front to back. As someone who was just adding up a bunch of exam scores simple arithmetic is HARD.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Ummm could we get Japan Cup calls on the Thursday Night broadcast instead of this 2AM stuff?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago Ummm could we get Japan Cup calls on the Thursday Night broadcast instead of this 2AM stuff?
Well hey it’s not 2AM for all of us 🤷‍♀️
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Loved seeing how you do the calls.
Also...you happened to pick a race that my Heartborken filly, Not Interested won. :D
At one point she had a 6 length lead that got pounded down to 3/4 by the end of the race, her speed figure was 92 : )

Gaines Stakes - final order of finish:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1480462

To save your voice...maybe a co-host for post parade...and kick it back to you to call the race? If not, I recommend some warm lemon water and honey to sip on. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000