Y56 Updates

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Y56 Updates

Post by The Steward »

-In addition to the Barrier Trials, Delayed Pensioning, and Equi stuff, we went through all the stakes races and any race names that were duplicated now have new names, so like the THREE Bubbly Stakes are now one Bubbly Stakes and the others are something else.
-I'm still adding the barrier trials by hand right now, but it will take ages to get them all done so be patient.
-100 and 550 yard workouts for Paints and Appys
-7f workouts for Arabian Routers
-Stud fee minimum is now $3,500. Only applies to stallions incoming this year (as in, horses with lower fees before can retain their fees). Earnings percentages no longer have an effect on stud fee.
-You can now give reserve stallion spots for other people. Go to the stallion in question, select the person you want to gift the season to, and pay your 500 game points. They have until the end of the year to use the spot. Recipients cannot decline spots, and if they do not use them by the year turn over the reservation disappears.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Y56 Updates

Post by The Steward »

Added more
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

Will there still be a newer player auction this year?
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Regarding barrier trials - why not allow unlimited entries? and allow the race to split. Lots of game points spent and it might help comparing horses in one's barn.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Tom Lin wrote: 3 years ago Regarding barrier trials - why not allow unlimited entries? and allow the race to split. Lots of game points spent and it might help comparing horses in one's barn.
I think that will be a thing and only isn’t working now because it’s new code and Em has to hand card them or something along those lines.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Tom Lin wrote: 3 years ago Regarding barrier trials - why not allow unlimited entries? and allow the race to split. Lots of game points spent and it might help comparing horses in one's barn.
Are they really not splitting? They are meant to be splitting at +3 entries over like regular races.
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

Last edited by Jennifer Blake 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Are they really not splitting? They are meant to be splitting at +3 entries over like regular races.
They are not splitting

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1554902

I tried to enter three horses in this one to split it, but after entering two the race disappears from horse three’s view. I even scratched horse Two and went back to horse three to re enter and the race was there for horse three. If that makes since.... I haven’t had coffee yet
Last edited by Jennifer Blake 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

Jennifer Blake wrote: 3 years ago
They are not splitting.

I tried to enter three horses in this one to split it, but after entering two the race disappears from horse three’s view. I even scratched horse Two and went back to horse three to re enter and the race was there for horse three. If that makes since.... I haven’t had coffee yet. It is a paint race though so it may not work like your post says 🤷🏼‍♀️
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I don’t have access to enter week 2 Barrier Trials. The trials are listed as upcoming, but they do have entries...
https://www.simhorseracing.com/racesfor ... ID=1218085
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

They are not splitting

I tried to enter three horses in this one to split it, but after entering two the race disappears from horse three’s view. I even scratched horse Two and went back to horse three to re enter and the race was there for horse three. If that makes since.... I haven’t had coffee yet
I think there is some confusion over what is meant by unlimited entries here.

From Tom's original post given that he is talking about comparing horses in one barn I am guessing he meant that a single owner should be allowed an unlimited number of entries in a race. We have already been told that that is not the case and they are only allowed two. The steward I take it interpreted that as an unlimited number of horses should be allowed to be entered regardless of owner which she did not see as necessary as races will split. The races do indeed split as I just saw.

Your issue is not due to the nonsplitting but rather the 2 horse/owner limit. So the race disappears after you enter your 2 horses since you've reached your personal limit not because the race is closed for entries. If I look under one my 2yo paints the race you linked does show up for me as a possibility to enter as I don't have any horses in it yet.
Last edited by Tammy Stawicki 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

Yeah I was trying to delete some of those post of mine but I kept fat fingering them and hitting wrong buttons 😭 and that makes since. I guess I’m just late to the show and Soren will have to wait to race when I can find a barrier race that isn’t full. Thank you
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

Will the 100 and 550 works for Appys and Paints be working before Wednesday? I need to adjust my scheduled workouts if they will not work.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago

They are not splitting

I think there is some confusion over what is meant by unlimited entries here.

From Tom's original post given that he is talking about comparing horses in one barn I am guessing he meant that a single owner should be allowed an unlimited number of entries in a race. We have already been told that that is not the case and they are only allowed two. The steward I take it interpreted that as an unlimited number of horses should be allowed to be entered regardless of owner which she did not see as necessary as races will split. The races do indeed split as I just saw.

Your issue is not due to the nonsplitting but rather the 2 horse/owner limit. So the race disappears after you enter your 2 horses since you've reached your personal limit not because the race is closed for entries. If I look under one my 2yo paints the race you linked does show up for me as a possibility to enter as I don't have any horses in it yet.
Thanks Tammy for the explanation. Glad they are splitting!
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I'm a little late to the party but yea they split for me several times.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder