Super Race Weirdness?

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Super Race Weirdness?

Post by The Steward »

Erin Erskine wrote: 3 years ago Not sure if it would make any difference, but Always Away was manually scratched from the race
Stuff like this totally helps - we can't figure out if y'all are scratching these horses or if the computer is eating them!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

1) I did not have the registration fee

2) was removed at the last second of closing

3) it was out of the arrival time on the track and was scratched for more than 24 arrival time

4) It was a SumPerior competition and entered the race even with the Simperior active, but the time before the competition closed (the closing was on Tuesday 8 PM) and the SimPerior account expired at 7:30 pm.

5) I had no money for shipping

automatic shipping failure 24 hours before due to a fall in the page

6) confident of your automatic shipping, but your SimPerior account expired

well these are the possible causes that I could have imagined with what could have happened
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Here's what makes this so confusing. It is our belief that everything that could get you scratched happens 24 hours before the race. Any only the horses that are not scratched get sequential post positions. Nothing should be able to scratch after that.

Another way to ask this question is, has anyone had a horse mysteriously removed from a race after the scratch check 24 hours before the race?

Thanks for your help on this.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

there is a very short period of time while the stalls appear, and there is still the opportunity to scratch the horse

When I compete in deserted races of 5 tickets with horse without opportunity I hope there will be if there is any entry at the end that leaves mine out of the first 5, and sometimes waiting to see there is still the opportunity to scratch, I have never withdrawn it, then it changes to be without the possibility of scratching, and then the starting positions appear

I have what I have seen in that time to update the page in the last few seconds

so when you get to zero the opportunity to scratch still comes out, then you are left without that option, and then the starting places appear, they are the 3 sequential events that I have seen
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Interesting indeed!
My horse Hugo Crab was obviously entered to the race.
My other horse won the race to so many reasons for getting scratched disappears.

I do not think that I removed him manually. But it is possible.
I might have rethought that he wasnt strong enough and put him in todays race instead.
I didnt notice anything strange when I entered today. I.e. I didnt notice any forgotten horses that should have been entered on wednesday.
I never received any "Horse scratched" message.

Conclusion? Either I did move him or maybe someone else moved him (Spencer?) to todays NW5 race instead.

I guess I did move him then.

EDIT: Since he never even travelled to the racetrack. I did move him manually. (or Spencer, I have a habit of blaming him for moving my horses out of unfilled stakesraces) (Spencer says that the race was filled at the time and one horse mysteriously just did not show up at the gate) (I still blame Spencer)

My horse "I used to be a boy" won the race, so obviously that is not a reason for getting scratched from a fillies/mares race :)
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

If a horse is dual entered, say a race on Tuesday and Thursday... and lets say Bob moves him manually to the track on Monday... and he has two day shipping on for the Thursday race, which is not at the same track, could it be possible that it starts autoshipping after posts are drawn?
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

We think this is fixed now, but please let us know if you see anything else weird going forward.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago We think this is fixed now, but please let us know if you see anything else weird going forward.
Obviously not this specific instance ...

... but I think this qualifies.

(The example I actually saw, the car was being driven and the driver and passenger were using their hands to reach up and hold it in place.)
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.