GP Horse Sale

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Aloretta Dethly
Miler

Re: GP Horse Sale

Post by Aloretta Dethly »

Noel Collins wrote: 2 years ago I just want to get a decent stud option for my girls, that I can afford, that won't result in 6 legged 3 eyed foals.
I'll be honest, I think those could outrun any Arabian I've ever bred. I got an Arabian Route mare out of the last holiday sale and she has produced 7 claimers and 2 productives. I think the extra legs may help.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Yes, I'm reading the posts. It is not in my best interest to say "I proclaim these horses will be awful!" while trying to get your game points (sarcasm). If they were going to be holiday stud level I probably would have priced them significantly higher, don't you think? Also I'm not an idiot who never listens, so....
I picked Son of a Paint solely because I sorted by stud fee and picked the most expensive one on the Stud Book page I happened to be on.

Thanks to all who have sent private messages of joy!

Current Count:

Appy Sprint: 3 boys, 1 girl
Appy Mid: 4 boys
Appy Route: 3 boys
Paint Sprint: 3 boys, 1 girl
Paint Mid: 3 boys, 1 girl
Paint Route: 2 boys, 1 girl
Arab Sprint: 1 boy, 1 girl
Arab Route: 4 boys
QH Sprint: 7 boys
QH Mid: 9 boys, 3 girls
QH Route: 6 boys, 1 girl
Trotter: 4 boys
Pacer: 8 boys, 1 girl

11 hours left!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

That’s actually working out pretty even!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Will side money help get a better horse? Just joking by the way. Wanted to post something on here. lol
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Craig Mcgee wrote: 2 years ago Will side money help get a better horse? Just joking by the way. Wanted to post something on here. lol
Cheers!
Jurgen Ver
Classic Contender

Post by Jurgen Ver »

Randall Allen wrote: 2 years ago Honestly, I don’t know how the steward keeps a positive attitude. No matter what decision is made with regards to the Sim, people get on the forum complaining nonstop. Some of you all that give her a hard time, all the time, should be ashamed. She created a game that we all obviously enjoy. I don’t think everything needs to be criticized to the level some of you take it. She probably can’t go one single day of life without hearing some kind of Sim complaint. If this were my game and I got negative feedback all the time, I honestly would start to hate you guys.

If you don’t like the holiday stallions, don’t order one or use them.
Agree with Randall his post!
I am happy that the steward manage a game like this, it's a great game!
Everyone play it in his/her own way. Having fun in the game is the main priority. If you don't like a change to the game, then you just don't do anything with the change!
Thanks for all the work!
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Post by Jack Ryder »

No extension of deadline?
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Thank you for the update/clarification.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Tom Lin wrote: 2 years ago Michael's points are valid. The problem being the players are their own worst enemies. The majority of breeders give little to no consideration to out crossing and diversifying the breed. Em I believe is trying to get outcross stallions into the hands of the mass breeders. I don't think the new stallions will be commercially viable because it is stated that they will be "tier two" stallions. Most breeders aren't interested in tier two stallions. GP sires have always been an option towards diversification of the breed and are seldom used because they are viewed as less than top tier (even though Devon Castle is sired by one). No one has probably used GP sires more than me (trotters). Even with sponsored races including stakes they are seldom used. A week 8, 2yo mdn GP sire race was a walkover for my horse. Again most breeders appear to be not interested in diversity and future viability of their breeding "programs". This sale will put some diversity in the hands of the people that will use it. I doubt the new sires will be a financial windfall in terms of stud fees. My thoughts. Tom.
As usual, Tom gets it.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

Randall Allen wrote: 2 years ago Honestly, I don’t know how the steward keeps a positive attitude. No matter what decision is made with regards to the Sim, people get on the forum complaining nonstop. Some of you all that give her a hard time, all the time, should be ashamed. She created a game that we all obviously enjoy. I don’t think everything needs to be criticized to the level some of you take it. She probably can’t go one single day of life without hearing some kind of Sim complaint. If this were my game and I got negative feedback all the time, I honestly would start to hate you guys.

If you don’t like the holiday stallions, don’t order one or use them.
Randall this is 100% my thoughts too. The forum drama is always so juicy I go pop popcorn and enjoy.

I named my mare after all the dislike these horses are being shown.
I don’t own many studs so this doesn’t affect my income.
Breeding is my favorite part of the sim so I’m a fan of the new bloodlines.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Not naming any names or quoting anyone because I'm sure you know exactly who you are. If you have a problem with what I am about to say you can reach me by private in game message to discuss further.

I'm going to be honest, yes sometimes the forum drama is silly, but in this case there were many prominent players with valid points about how this affected the game in the past.

It is concerning to me that because our issues with the GP sale do not affect you as a player personal or you don't agree with our opinion on the matter that you simply come on here discredit our points claiming we are just complaining and that it is just forum drama as usual.

No one was trying to give Emily a hard time just to give her a hard time.
Unfortunately Emily is not always clear in and transparent with some of the updates she provides so there are definitely going to be questions and concerns until clarity is provided.

Responding on the topic just to discredit our valid concerns claiming drama is very hypocritical.

Please think about that next time you respond.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

Pete Vella wrote: 2 years ago Please think about that next time you respond.
Everyone who has posted so far has had an opinion on the addition of these horses. My opinion is not less important because it’s not agreed with. So I will respond accordingly to my opinion on the matter. I like the addition of mares and studs and will use them to further my breeding operation.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

I respect you Pete, but....

If this is directed toward me, its not hypocritical. I offered my opinion once, you have posted on this like 10 times. Any time anyone says something you don't like, you just respond with your opinion, which is ok. We all have opinions, I just personally choose not to post mine 10 times in one thread.

You completely discredited my concerns about new and small players leaving the game by saying " Randall this is not a big barn vs small barn thing. I'm tired of that old argument every time." So please, don't lecture me on discrediting anything.

Also you are a moderator on here, act like one, instead of bullying. You could have sent me a personal message man to man about this, instead of calling me out in public. I'm not going to honor your request to respond by personal message after being called out in the forum.

If this was not directed towards me: I respect your opinion either way and even though you and I have similar powerful mixer barns, we just see the issue differently. No one is "right" or "wrong."
Last edited by Randall Allen 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Am I the only one here that like, NEVER used the Holiday studs when I was breeding Mixer/Harness? Lol. I always preferred studs with a pedigree, I felt like I better knew what I was getting.

That said, i'm personally one of the folks that took Em up on this offer because I wouldn't mind expanding my scope back into a breed I used to cultivate, and owning my own stud will significantly decrease the costs of getting back in. Let people enjoy things.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Sigh.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG