GP Horse Sale

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: GP Horse Sale

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I don't know if things are set in stone and it is what it is but I wonder if a situation that would make mixer owners happier while still addressing some of the issues would be something where 1

1. Instead of letting people buy stallions or mares they could only buy mares. A mare can obviously only have 1 foal/year so isn't going to have the same takeover potential as a stallion. This way the sim can still get some extra game points and it's a nice opportunity for people newer to mixers to be able to get a nice horse.

2. In divisions where there are issues with one dominant horse and more diversity is needed (which I don't think is all of them) have the steward stand a few new studs. Those studs could be priced high enough that people aren't going to mass breed them so there would still be a need for more reasonably priced player bred horses, but would provide some new breeding options and also be a way to take money out of the sim for years to come. They could be either breed by game point or sim money like other game owned stallions.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

As someone who JUST got a couple decent mixers studs I'm a little bummed.lol So I can imagine how the ones like Pete who have a lot of nice studs are feeling. But as Lucas said, I'll have to jump on the bandwagon and pick one up. I've struggled in mixers for so long no matter how much time and money I've put in them I've gotta try to join in with this sale.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

I'm not sure why there is so much hate on here about this.

*) It is the Steward's game and if she wants to do something she can. If you are an objector, then don't buy one and don't send any mares to any of them.

*) The last holiday stallion bunch helped lots of smaller barns. We have players now that bought some and are permanent players due to the revenue they generated for the owners.

With the new batch, say a new or smaller player buys one (for game points) and they price at 5,000 as the stud fee. If a smaller barn's bank balance is $100,000, every breeding another player does adds 5 percent to their bank balance and that is huge for them. The new stallions are a good idea if we want new and smaller players to stick around. They can use the stud fee proceeds to buy themselves nice things.

*) What I see is big barns that are charging players 30-100K for stud fees upset right now. (Full disclosure: I have some stallions in that range. However, I really don't care if small barns get their own "new" stallion and never use mine again. I'm rich enough.) Is the goal of all this bashing to beat down any hopes that a smaller barn might actually succeed? I mean god forbid they get a nice stallion...
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Will these work against our steward bred limits? Just asking, thanks.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I'm definitely an outlier here. I'm personally excited because life happened to me and my barn hardcore suffered - especially my paint stable. I've requested one because I feel like this may be a good way to hopefully turn my barn around and get me interested again. Just knowing how hard it's been to dig myself out of the hole a hardcore depression put me in when it came to having any interest in the SIM I'm hoping this may be the turn around that my barn needs if I get one.

That said, I definitely see how it's a bummer for those who have established good barns. I almost certainly would have been the same way back when I had a good barn and broodmare band/stallions.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Honestly, I'm just happy that I'm going to get a blue hen in a division that I've never had a good mare in!
I have a stable full of cats
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Randall Allen wrote: 2 years ago
*) What I see is big barns that are charging players 30-100K for stud fees upset right now. (Full disclosure: I have some stallions in that range. However, I really don't care if small barns get their own "new" stallion and never use mine again. I'm rich enough.) Is the goal of all this bashing to beat down any hopes that a smaller barn might actually succeed? I mean god forbid they get a nice stallion...
Randall this is not a big barn vs small barn thing. I'm tired of that old argument every time.
This is an I have worked very hard to breed colts for future studs, even been working on experimenting with distances to create multi distance studs. I was doing this prior to the Holiday studs. I had some very successful colts that made millions on the track and they would have been nice studs if the holiday studs were never invented. When they retired they couldnt compete with the juiced out holiday studs. There was a large group (about 2-3 per division) of made out of thin air holiday studs that got tossed into the game, sold for penny on the dollar which ALL hypo'd better then any current homebred stud. It basically killed the homebred stud market. I sold so many studs and future studs because they did not hypo like the holiday studs and were not getting any use.

We are not even past that yet, but feels like homebred studs are making a comeback and BAM, lets do it all over again.
These will be 5 so essentially 9 more seasons of dealing with these things on the stud market. Plus this time it is not limited to 2-3 per division. It is unlimited to the sim, all you need is 45K GP.

Mixers were the only breed in the game not really influenced by the steward's hand and it was honestly really nice and one of the reasons I have stuck with it. You have to work hard in the division for success. It is not something you can purchase your way into. When i look at the current state of the mixer division, sure you have certain players that dominate in each division, but if you really look at the races that count, the big SC races or other G1 races, it is split pretty evenly. there are different players winning these big races every year.

Anyway she says these things will not be as good as "son of paint". That is a very bad example to use as son of paint is like the top paint stud, A+ hypos all 3 divisions. freak machine. honestly just tell me they will hypo lower than the previous holiday studs and produce at a lower rate then the previous holiday studs and I will feel better about this.

Those holiday studs were a pain in the ass and I was so happy to see them all pensioning off, but it feels like...here we go again.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Randall Allen wrote: 2 years ago I'm not sure why there is so much hate on here about this.

*) It is the Steward's game and if she wants to do something she can. If you are an objector, then don't buy one and don't send any mares to any of them.

*) The last holiday stallion bunch helped lots of smaller barns. We have players now that bought some and are permanent players due to the revenue they generated for the owners.

With the new batch, say a new or smaller player buys one (for game points) and they price at 5,000 as the stud fee. If a smaller barn's bank balance is $100,000, every breeding another player does adds 5 percent to their bank balance and that is huge for them. The new stallions are a good idea if we want new and smaller players to stick around. They can use the stud fee proceeds to buy themselves nice things.

It’s about making the game pay to win. People have worked their ass off to get where they are in game and to have people be able to come buy a stud as an easy head start hurts, especially when there are people who don’t have the real life money to do this.

People are also upset because, in the past the Steward made these studs way overpowered. People aren’t very trusting that this is a well thought out move with good reason.
yeah
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I was really hoping this would be the introduction of camel racing along with robotic jockeys. Color me disappointed.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

It’s no secret I wasn’t a big fan of the holiday stallion, but that was due to the sheer dominance of them. They were better than all of the homebred stallions, if these stallions truly won’t be as good as the best current stallions in each division and instead offer a diverse option for a broodmare with very common bloodlines and have potential as a broodmare sire and/or an OK to decent race horse, maybe the rare random slide great runner, then I’m a fan. I sincerely hope the stallions won’t be better than the top homebred sires, but if they offer a diverse line and are ok producers then I’m a huge fan because that is needed in some divisions. I hope these are the type of stallions that you use for diversity not for getting a potential world beater.
Last edited by Jo Ferris 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Are steeplechasers available?
;p
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Quarterhorses can cross breed to thoroughbreds and then in turn cross breed to everything else, right? Isn’t the obvious solution to adding new bloodlines to these divisions just to fix the cross breeding with TBs so the results aren’t universally awful? Basically unlimited supply of new blood that already exists.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

My friend wants to know when the Arabians go on sale?
;p
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

And I will add that I'm excited to actually be able to get one or two of these. I've been shut out every other time!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago Quarterhorses can cross breed to thoroughbreds and then in turn cross breed to everything else, right? Isn’t the obvious solution to adding new bloodlines to these divisions just to fix the cross breeding with TBs so the results aren’t universally awful? Basically unlimited supply of new blood that already exists.
I like this idea too. Imagine a Circle of Life or Blue Bayou quarter horse router that was a superstar. I tried for years and years breeding quarter mares with TB stallions. You always get junky mares and horses that limp to the finish line.