Good News, Bad News, In Between News?

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Re: Good News, Bad News, In Between News?

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Please just keep selling horses into the game. You fret about upsetting some players, yet when you did an actual poll the vast majority of the players wanted the Steward-bred sales to continue. Some players are going to be upset no matter what you do. And they are, of course, going to whine about it in the Forum. And that is what you read. But the silent majority remains silent, and the majority.

Your Steward-bred sale this year was much smaller in total number of horses than normal, which pulled less money out of the game. And I still have not bought a single Steward-bred this year because I was waiting for a second sale, and am wary of the two-horse restriction. When you get the annual Steward-bred sales up to normal size, with more money in the game, prices will go up, because there is so much money chasing little supply.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

Full Body shot confirmation pictures. Adding more distinguishing features to the horses like socks, stockings, etc. Shut up and take my money.

Also put old throw back type horses into an auction, Barbaro, Snow Chief, Funny Cide, make them raceable and not terrible in the shed. GP auction to own one, etc.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 2 years ago Please just keep selling horses into the game. You fret about upsetting some players, yet when you did an actual poll the vast majority of the players wanted the Steward-bred sales to continue. Some players are going to be upset no matter what you do. And they are, of course, going to whine about it in the Forum. And that is what you read. But the silent majority remains silent, and the majority.

Your Steward-bred sale this year was much smaller in total number of horses than normal, which pulled less money out of the game. And I still have not bought a single Steward-bred this year because I was waiting for a second sale, and am wary of the two-horse restriction. When you get the annual Steward-bred sales up to normal size, with more money in the game, prices will go up, because there is so much money chasing little supply.
Agreed.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

A button to tell whether they are a marathoner or a short router would be awesome.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

After 5 (or some predetermined amount of) races - similar to checking for right equip, have a button that tells the horses preferred distance for sim cash or GP if you want. How many forum posts do we see where people ask what they should do with their routers/questioning if they should try different distances. Or maybe provide a hypo type letter grade for each distance and surface the owner wants to check each costing them a certain amount. Not sure if people would think this is too much info provided but may be better than seeing all these short DRs with terrible 4f workout times dominate the mile division. I’m assuming these horses would get a good score for a mile distance in this format...indicating the trainer could try the horse at that distance and see how they do. Just a thought
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I 100% agree with the above statement regarding selling more horses into the game. I have always enjoyed both the Steward Bred auctions, as well as the infusion of real-life mares and studs in the SIM. With the implementation of Game Point Auctions run in normal auction format (not on the forum) I think we can all agree that any doubts regarding the fairness of such sales have been extinguished, and anyone still complaining is simply starting unnecessary drama.

As others have stated, I am also HUGE on the idea of overhauling the CAM system. I would gladly pay an increased CAM fee, as long as the quality of said mare backs up the fee I've paid. I believe that some divisions could really use the genetic diversity that decent CAM's provide.

And finally, (likely something that won't get added, but why not try 😉) I think it would be neat if a tool was implemented that gave you some idea of when your horse is actually going to peak. I know it would take some of the mystery out of things and maybe make it too easy, but my anxious, instant gratification-driven lizard brain really likes the idea... TAKE MY MONEY!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Chris Barber
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Chris Barber »

Could the price of simperior be increased slightly? I for one wouldn't mind paying a little bit more.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Honestly we've only had one SIMperior price increase in the history of the SIM, so I've heard from many that it's time for an increase. Probably true, but would also want to add a few more features to it at the same time!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

I hope the game never becomes so 'Push Button' simple, that many of the challenging aspects of it are eliminated. That is a large part of what separates the good from the, dare I say, mediocre.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 2 years ago I hope the game never becomes so 'Push Button' simple, that many of the challenging aspects of it are eliminated. That is a large part of what separates the good from the, dare I say, mediocre.
+1
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Pietro Vella wrote: 2 years ago
Gwayne Mike wrote: 2 years ago I hope the game never becomes so 'Push Button' simple, that many of the challenging aspects of it are eliminated. That is a large part of what separates the good from the, dare I say, mediocre.
+1
👏
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Hear Here! I'd pay a little bit more for SIMPerior without another bell or whistle. jX
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

I think Simperior is a huge bargain and a price change is overdue. I'd pay for it even if there were not any other features. I keep getting to that point where I should retire and I can't cut the ties because this game is great and I think of all the years of pouring over it and it's almost like I'd be dumping off one of my dogs are the shelter or something. I can't do it.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

I agree a price increase to Simperior would not be an issue for most of us.

However, I do think we need to consider having a 1 yr special subscription rate for NEW or JUNIOR players to make it more appealing to subscribe. Once they subscribe I'll wager that won't want to play without it. When you are just getting your toes wet making lets say a $25 investment in simperior instead of $50 could pull in many more subscribers. Just a thought.
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Jess Dowson
Derby Contender

Post by Jess Dowson »

Are there calls tonight then?