Good News, Bad News, In Between News?

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Good News, Bad News, In Between News?

Post by Sara Julin »

Jess Dowson wrote: 2 years ago Are there calls tonight then?
As far as I know, yes. But we are still waiting for at what time the broadcast(s) will take place.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Sara Julin wrote: 2 years ago
As far as I know, yes. But we are still waiting for at what time the broadcast(s) will take place.
Link posted on the front page, 2:30am for UK, 3:30am for you Sara (unless I’m being silly and you don’t live in Europe).
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago
Sara Julin wrote: 2 years ago
Link posted on the front page, 2:30am for UK, 3:30am for you Sara (unless I’m being silly and you don’t live in Europe).
Hihi, european here, guilty as charged xD
I'll sit up and wait all night for the race calls xD
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Will there be any schedule posted or listen for it ?
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Including the entry fee for the SC races, include a 5,000 GP entry fee (easily obtainable through exchange if people do not want to spend the USD 5 to buy them). The winner of the SC gets a free headshot for the winning horse (if that horse has one already, the winner just gets a free voucher for any other horse of their choosing).

I'm sure this could be applied to the big G1's that have trophies as well (TC, others that I do not know about because I do not have good horses, etc.).
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Durzo Blint wrote: 2 years ago Including the entry fee for the SC races, include a 5,000 GP entry fee (easily obtainable through exchange if people do not want to spend the USD 5 to buy them). The winner of the SC gets a free headshot for the winning horse (if that horse has one already, the winner just gets a free voucher for any other horse of their choosing).

I'm sure this could be applied to the big G1's that have trophies as well (TC, others that I do not know about because I do not have good horses, etc.).
I love this idea!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Durzo Blint wrote: 2 years ago Including the entry fee for the SC races, include a 5,000 GP entry fee (easily obtainable through exchange if people do not want to spend the USD 5 to buy them). The winner of the SC gets a free headshot for the winning horse (if that horse has one already, the winner just gets a free voucher for any other horse of their choosing).

I don't see 5,000 game points as something "easily" obtained on the exchange. Especially these days. You're looking at spending at least $50,000 sim dollars for that. And sure maybe that isn't a horrible buy in for a $4 million thoroughbred race, but there are a significant number of Steward's Cup races for AW and mixers in the $400-$600k range and a $50,000+ buy-in for those is very steep (already we have that issue with late nominations) so it seems like something that could easily keep newer and less established players out of the steward's cup in some of the less competitive divisions where they are more likely to be and I don't think that is something anyone wants.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

The headshot to the winner wouldn't fly, I don't think. That's 30k GP, which means the first six entries under your proposal are just to break even on that, and SC winners are usually the horses people pay to get a headshot for. I also think GPs as entry fees are problematic - pretty sure newer players can't buy on the exchange, and the exchange rate these days is fairly pricey, so you're really looking at more like $100k to get those points.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Also Sara and I probably wouldn't want to pay GP to enter a race, we would have to then draw the headshot. Sort of like having to pay your boss to get work lol
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Nena Olson wrote: 2 years ago Also Sara and I probably wouldn't want to pay GP to enter a race, we would have to then draw the headshot. Sort of like having to pay your boss to get work lol
Hahaha xD True that ^^''
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Maybe add a way to “lock in a name” forever? I know I’d love for Dash’s dam to keep her name, but she didn’t race and therefore didn’t earn over the player release threshold. 🤔
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I was thinking while I was at work tonight. What if the Steward offered a barn review for a certain amount of GPs or SIM dollars? Basically, if an owner pays the amount of money specified; they can have the Steward go through the barns of their choice and ask for a review. The more barns to be reviewed the more someone pays. While I'm not advocating for giving people the answers, but it could be someone wants to know how their broodmare band is stacking up and if there are any that should be sent to greener pastures, or maybe someone is working on trying something new with multi-distance/surface breeding and wants input on the project. It could also be as simple as asking the Steward if there are any promising yearlings in the Owner's bunch of new 2 yr olds.

I don't know seems like something I'd be interested in. Just to know if I am on the right track with my Pacers or if I need to pay more attention to what is happening in my AWR barn.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Alyssa Lapa wrote: 2 years ago I was thinking while I was at work tonight. What if the Steward offered a barn review for a certain amount of GPs or SIM dollars? Basically, if an owner pays the amount of money specified; they can have the Steward go through the barns of their choice and ask for a review. The more barns to be reviewed the more someone pays. While I'm not advocating for giving people the answers, but it could be someone wants to know how their broodmare band is stacking up and if there are any that should be sent to greener pastures, or maybe someone is working on trying something new with multi-distance/surface breeding and wants input on the project. It could also be as simple as asking the Steward if there are any promising yearlings in the Owner's bunch of new 2 yr olds.

I don't know seems like something I'd be interested in. Just to know if I am on the right track with my Pacers or if I need to pay more attention to what is happening in my AWR barn.
I don't even have to pay GP or SIM money to know what she would tell me :lol: :lol: she'd tell me to yeet 75% of my barn since I have so many in there haha
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’d like a “you have a first start improver” button for my racing barn lol
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

RAISE THE PRICE OF SHIPPING TO A MORE REALISTIC LEVEL!
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown