Good News, Bad News, In Between News?

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Good News, Bad News, In Between News?

Post by Randall Allen »

Another suggestion is to fix the disconnect between the crossbreeding with thoroughbreds and quarter horses. I would spend more GP on crossbreeding if the tb/quarter horses could run and if the quarter horse fillies weren't ruined, broodmare wise, by the thoroughbred blood.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Plenty of mares to breed for 2 SB foal auctions...could get $3-$500m.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Kent Saunders wrote: 2 years ago Plenty of mares to breed for 2 SB foal auctions...could get $3-$500m.
Of the mares in my To-breed barn (114) a good 25+ are leases, so I'm torn between Foal Auction and Yearling Auction, Two Yearling Auctions, GIANT Yearling auction, etc.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Smaller auctions have always grabbed more money from the sim. The fact that there are stew limits in place I feel would allow it all to work itself out.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

There are also yearling fillies that could be leased end of this year or right when the year turns over, right before the next GP 1/2 Day, that will also pull some $$ out of the game, in addition to any sales foals/newly turned yearlings.

One suggestion is another bloodstock kind of agent - maybe it works on any horse in AJ, or maybe it also extends to claiming races/sales page, like the current bloodstock agent. This one would be able to tell whether the horse is likely to improve (but won't tell you whether late bloomer/progressive), stay at level, or likely to decline (but not tell you how much of a decline - it might be minor, it might be major).

I also like the idea of being able to check your horse Week 16 - for some fee, to give you a similar analysis - will the horse stay at level or likely to decline, so you have more information, without having all information (the amount of the decline). I think some players would pay for that ability when deciding whether to retire a filly or colt/race one more year.

Laura
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 2 years ago I also like the idea of being able to check your horse Week 16 - for some fee, to give you a similar analysis - will the horse stay at level or likely to decline, so you have more information, without having all information (the amount of the decline). I think some players would pay for that ability when deciding whether to retire a filly or colt/race one more year.
^ +1
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Randall Allen wrote: 2 years ago
Laura Ferguson wrote: 2 years ago I also like the idea of being able to check your horse Week 16 - for some fee, to give you a similar analysis - will the horse stay at level or likely to decline, so you have more information, without having all information (the amount of the decline). I think some players would pay for that ability when deciding whether to retire a filly or colt/race one more year.
^ +1
+2 :)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I actually think that makes the game somewhat too easy personally.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Stewardbred auctions always get a decent amount of money out of the game, and hold a 7-10 horse game point auction with guaranteed stakes/freaks of those stewardbred and that will get a good amount of GPs out of the game....I know I put real money into the game when I need to renew simperior or there’s a stewardbred auction. I would consider those first and see what the situation looks like after all the foals have been bought.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I’ve always missed Scotty’s episodes with “Ask Em Anything”...maybe a fluctuating scale of what people ask for? Could be a particularly tough piece of equipment or how good is this horse or even specific distance for a particular horse. Emily, you once said we didn’t ask for specifics and that surprised you. But to avoid the constant barrage of questions, it could be designated for a specific time when you’re least busy.

*Still thinking of you Scotty!*
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

Id pay gp for a create a mare in my chosen division with a guarantee of it being a blue hen/star. Auctions are great but my bank roll is low so I get outbid fast. many of the small bank players have this problem. Gp create a mare I can't get outbid on though. I really would like better mares in a couple divisions but get outbid in normal auctions even so IM now a bit leery of them.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Hello -
Over the years, I've read the interesting discussions on SIM economy, SIM player retention, SIM equity and SIM improvements.

These discussions always make me extremely anxious, however.

I know from my RL job as a supervisor, that management must change to have growth and that the challenge is to effectively roll out the changes to people giving them the knowledge to understand the changes so that they can accept and deal with the new ideas.

Some SIM changes make economic sense for the SIM business. A lot of SIM changes help the players. Balance is the key.

I don't always participate in some SIM changes or opportunities. I know that some of these opportunities are amazing and I would have more success if I took advantage of the many SIM improvement things that are available.

I always felt that Ask Em Anything, or other steward insights and tidbits that are given in podcasts or race nights should be published somewhere for everyone's benefit and SIM knowledge -OR- perhaps as an enhancement on the SIMperior Edge for increased GPs. SIMperior Plus?

For example a: SIM Horse X was a highly rated racer, it's true, but his stallion ability has surprised everyone. A deeper dive into his pedigree shows that the dam sire, SIM Horse Y, a lightly raced miler/short router colt who only won $339,000 has had a major influence with classic distances dirt route mares. Most of his race mares showed nothing on the track and were pensioned."
Or example b: turf miler allowance rated mares have a higher percentage of throwing a stakes rated racer than dirt miler allowance rated mares

Oh my, I digressed. Carry on as best as you can. Have a nice day. jX
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 2 years ago Also companion animal "head shots" admittedly no idea if there would be any interest but throwing it out there.
OMG this!!! A cute goat headshot!!!!
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Alright, I threw up a little Game Point auction and will do a second small foal auction stat.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago Alright, I threw up a little Game Point auction and will do a second small foal auction stat.
Alright! I'll start the bidding right now. jX