SIMperior Edge Poll

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

What Should Happen to the Edge?

Poll ended at 2 years ago

Kill It Dead for Revival Later (But post studs for this year)
69%
Do an even more truncated version with just stallions
17%
Raise the price of SIMperior and write the Edge, I love it
5%
This does not affect me at all
10%

Total votes: 84

Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: SIMperior Edge Poll

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I voted the first one. I enjoy the edge and would have no issue paying more for simperior to keep it, but also enjoy you being alive so don't think you should be killing yourself for it.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

So that means more race calls? JK lol
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I read the Edge every week and enjoy it because there’s always useful little tidbits.

However, what about changing it to something automated?

Like a This Week’s G1 winners section which has stuff that’s easily pulled down with code but a pain in the butt to click through. So:
HORSE won G1 RACE at TRACK in SIMMY ZONE
Horse is owned by PLAYER, this is their X grade 1 win of the season
Horse won with a speed figure of XX and the time was XX, which is XX outside of the current track record of EXISTING WORLD RECORD for DISTANCE, SURFACE
Horse is sired by SIRE. This is Sire’s XX lifetime grade 1 winner
(Game Point stallion ad if paid for by player goes here)

And then maybe have This Week’s Spotlight stallion, automatically selected from the sires of foals bred that week with the highest “numbers” from sires with fewer than say 25 foals. Because it’s automated you could even do one from each breed.

Set it to auto publish every week after barrier trials or something and hey presto. All the Edge and none of the work! Could also make it auto save so people can access the full year of automated Edge, which would be super useful at SIMMY voting time and breeding time (so you can click back through and see if you missed any underdog sires). Plus I love seeing who the good horses are each season but I never have time to actually use the race search and click through things.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

Post by Jack Christensen »

I like the edge but I'm not a fan of a SIMperior price increase so if it has to go it has to go
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Hmmm...Raise Simperior...or kill the Edge.....

KILL IT!!!!!!!!!!
Fabman Farms - Simmy Awards Won: Y54-Quarter Horse Champion Three Year Old Female - Beena's Gold
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I like the idea of a less frequent "under the radar stallions to watch" thing or some such.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I enjoy The Edge, and read it every month, just to see who is doing what.
But if it is getting to be a drudge doing it for now, then let it go.
Maybe bring it back when life get a bit less hectic?
There were some other valid ideas listed already as well.
I'll play the game with or without The Edge.
It is entirely up to you, Em, in my opinion.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

I love The Edge and read it every week, and I read every bit of it, so I'd hate to see it go. I voted to kill it because I don't like the idea of Simperior price increase because it's already hard to get a good deal on GPs on the exchange now (that's the only way I get GPs for certain reasons), and seeing the price of one of the best features in the game go up makes me cringe so I will sacrifice my enjoyment of The Edge to keep the other feature where it's at.

Jack
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 2 years ago I voted the first one. I enjoy the edge and would have no issue paying more for simperior to keep it, but also enjoy you being alive so don't think you should be killing yourself for it.
Tammy nailed it!

Cleo, I’m not a computer nerd by any stretch of the imagination, but what you describe sounds like more work than the Edge…sorry.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I enjoy The Edge, but I don't read it all. I usually make notes on the stallions you discuss, but I often skip the mixers (unless its an App). I might or might not skim the player interview and I usually only check the rising star to see if its one of mine (it's never one of mine, foiled again!). I would be happy with fewer issues of the Edge, but I would love the stallion profile to remain. And to eventually have a rising 2 yo profiled, then you can cut that part of it.

Maybe, fewer issues (quarterly?) but each issue focuses on something in particular in the Sim? An issue devoted to dirt routers & the cross overs into dirt milers. One about new features, described more in depth or the reasoning for a new button & how best to use it.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

Brad Fabman wrote: 2 years ago Hmmm...Raise Simperior...or kill the Edge.....

KILL IT!!!!!!!!!!
I second this!!!!
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I read it every week.
I used to study the TB Dirt Routers to understand if my mares should be bred to sprinter type stallions or marathon type stallions but I still do not understand it.
I think other parts of simperior including speed figures and horse type are a much better advantage for my simperior gps. I will miss the edge but if it is a burden, I vote for kill it for now. (with the possibility of revival later)
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

If you don't have the time stop doing it until you do.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

It's a tough one. I love the edge. I've saved all of the edges since the year I started, and I have got good breeding-advice. But I understand that it takes time and effort that perhaps not always are availible, so my suggestion is to "kill" the edge and instead do a "breeding-article" once a Sim-year, with a list of your preferred stallions (headshot or not)? I would rather kill or decrease the edge than increase simperior-fee?

I voted for "Do an even more truncated version with just stallions" (and I had to google-translate truncated... ;) ), but I could have voted for "Kill It Dead for Revival Later (But post studs for this year)" to. Do what you think is best! <3
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 2 years ago
Cleo, I’m not a computer nerd by any stretch of the imagination, but what you describe sounds like more work than the Edge…sorry.
Actually coding wise most of it is basic, and the rest already exists in some form on the site so you could just repurpose existing code. One day of coding to set it up and then it would run itself, all automatically with no work for Em 😄 that’s why I suggested it. Value adding to the game without creating huge extra work.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)