Trial By Summer Non Select Yearling Sale

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Re: Trial By Summer Non Select Yearling Sale

Post by Karl Smythe »

Glowing Memories
Nice all weather work and "wow".
Only $300k.
Does it get any better than this???
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

Legend of Arabia
Galloped wow! I'm pretty pumped.
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Julie Kluesener wrote:Legend of Arabia
Galloped wow! I'm pretty pumped.
You barely beat me to that one Julie. *shakes fist*
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Just a heads up that there is a very high probability I will be giving away my $300k purchase in some sort of contest in the near future. So stay tuned, and good luck.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

John Slotman wrote:Just a heads up that there is a very high probability I will be giving away my $300k purchase in some sort of contest in the near future. So stay tuned, and good luck.
I was just about to comment that you got the filly I really, really, really wanted. Now I've just gotta keep an eye out for your contest (and my fingers crossed).
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Jamie Newton
Miler

Post by Jamie Newton »

maybe u can buy them and then give them away jon s?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

2 more rounds!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

when is the next round?
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

and what sales page im lost please help
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
Corey Lange
Miler

Post by Corey Lange »

next round is 6 forum time. on the buy horses page
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

so that would be 9 est
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

Corey Lange wrote:next round is 6 forum time. on the buy horses page
Forum time is very misleading because if you don't set your time zone, it will default to some other...I find it easier to mention game time or PT as that is where it is located, but yes, it is 9pm ET jenn...If you have trouble finding them, it is probably because they sell out in seconds.
Kim Plausible
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kim Plausible »

If anyone would be interested in selling their yearling from this sale, please let me know. Or if anyone has a fast internet connection and a megacomputer that I could bother, I'd be willing to negotiate for that as well, lol.
Send me requests for Feature Race articles!
"Thinking for me rarely ends in fewer than 300 words."
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I got Never Defeat. She galloped great and worked a 59.6. Hopefully her name means she'll never be defeated, not that she'll never defeat another horse.
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Dan Gordon »

This auction has got me thinking. The Steward said upfront that this wasn't her best crop, to put it nicely. She then set some pretty full prices for these yearlings. And they were still all gone in one nanosecond.

So it got me wondering something theoretical. I wonder just how inelastic the prices of these horses are? What would be the clearing prices for each of the six horses to sell in a very slow rhythm, say, a one hour period? As Alfred Marshall's model said, Price Elasticity of Demand is the percentage change in quantity demanded in response to a one percent change in price (holding all other constants equal). If she tripled all of the prices, would that do it? Quadrupled? Quintupled? Marshall ALSO said that there are exceptions to the Law of Demand i.e. Veblen and Giffen goods which actually INCREASE in demand as the price increases (like a Rolls Royce or fine art). Tiffany's is a better example as this is brand loyalty to the Steward. Many would pay three times the amount for a Stewie bred than a Gordon bred for the exact same cross. SO THIS IS THE CASE HERE. Also, I know that when I was blindly trying to get one of these horses, I was searching for the MOST expensive one - regardless of the fundamentals. I've noticed this in many of the Steward auctions also where people don't go for the bargains but the fight is over the $1+ million horses even though the $100k ones look just as good!

So Em, crank up the prices. Let's see if we can test this theory and see at what point demand is exhausted! Or not..........