TBS 2yo sale

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Re: TBS 2yo sale

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

The Steward wrote:Also keep in mind that I'm equally affected by the decrease in wow and scaries as everyone else. It's not like that set of scaries who got bumped down to wow skipped over me. A lot of these now-wows would have been scaries last year.
I just reserved the name 'Now Wow'. Happy to name a horse for someone if that name fits.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Laura Cameron wrote:Honestly, I don't think TBS auctions are the way to build your stable as a new player. It's fairly rare to recoup your purchase price, at least on the track (Legionnaire and Early Edition are my only TBS purchases out of MANY to make a significant on-track profit). As you noted, it's more efficient to purchase horses elsewhere without paying the premium. I see TBS sales more as a way to get top breeding prospects into your stable once you're somewhat established.
Yeah, I had decided that before the auction and wasn't going to bid, but then got excited and wanted to experience bidding in a TBS auction (last time around I didn't have nearly enough money). So I'm not disappointed or anything. I got better than I was expecting for the price. Just wish I'd had a bit more self-control and saved the money for later! But oh, well. :)
Hall of Fame Pacer!
Highland Billy

Trotter Stud:
Viceroy - 5K
Trastevere Peru
Miler

Post by Trastevere Peru »

Ok I got it.
That's why I never win a Stewards bid.
I'm still establishing my barn, jajajaja
Congrats to the winners
Happy Acting Turf Sprinter 20,000
Dressed in Suits Turf Sprinter 10,000

¨Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus¨
Umberto Eco
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Erica Olson wrote:
Laura Cameron wrote:Honestly, I don't think TBS auctions are the way to build your stable as a new player. It's fairly rare to recoup your purchase price, at least on the track (Legionnaire and Early Edition are my only TBS purchases out of MANY to make a significant on-track profit). As you noted, it's more efficient to purchase horses elsewhere without paying the premium. I see TBS sales more as a way to get top breeding prospects into your stable once you're somewhat established.
Yeah, I had decided that before the auction and wasn't going to bid, but then got excited and wanted to experience bidding in a TBS auction (last time around I didn't have nearly enough money). So I'm not disappointed or anything. I got better than I was expecting for the price. Just wish I'd had a bit more self-control and saved the money for later! But oh, well. :)
This reminds me of that time at Breeders Cup where I had already ate to much food, but there was an ice cream churro dessert on the menu, and I do love ice creams and churros... Oh will power why do you always fail us. The churros weren't even that good.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Can anybody besides me envision the new player that stumbles onto a thread like this and immediately closes her browser, saying, "these people speak a code language in which "wow" is a noun, "wings" is singular, "scary" is the best thing for anything to ever be, and "hard to tell" is akin to a death sentence? Yeah… I'm going to go ahead and go back to horseyland and see if I can get some fun out of that. At least I understand what's happening."

We are A bunch of crazy people. Yes I am including myself in the group! That doesn't make it any less crazy! :-)

All in fun,

TheRealScottShady
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I am pretty happy with my 1 piece WOW Filly Turf Router

Sea Sail
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=561821
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Willie Carson
Miler

Post by Willie Carson »

I got filly Frostscape - stakes TR, equipment is fully sorted. I paid 390K and am looking to sell her on. PM me in game

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=561804

Sold
Last edited by Willie Carson 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

pin-hooked steward bred horses have feelings too. Just saying.
:lol:
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Tammy Stawicki wrote:
Erica Olson wrote:
This reminds me of that time at Breeders Cup where I had already ate to much food, but there was an ice cream churro dessert on the menu, and I do love ice creams and churros... Oh will power why do you always fail us. The churros weren't even that good.
Uh, what? I need an ice cream churro dessert.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

"these people speak a code language in which "wow" is a noun, "wings" is singular, "scary" is the best thing for anything to ever be, and "hard to tell" is akin to a death sentence?
Mike Larson wrote a hilarious piece about this very thing.
Justin Turner
Turf Router

Post by Justin Turner »

i got this one http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=561761

its a two piece wow and future gelding :P
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

I got a rock
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
Vanille Reynolds
Miler

Post by Vanille Reynolds »

Vanille Reynolds wrote:Nothing for me, again. :(
Auction end adrenalin gone, this was the game telling me to save my money.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

100% forgot about the auction until 10 minutes ago and actually wanted a horse from this one too. I need to remember to set an alarm.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I've been lucky 2 auctions in a row - I picked up Band Together (I already own the 1/2 sister, but I adore the family) - so pretty happy with my "wow" 2 piece filly.

I've had a lot of nice stakes winning wings and wows, some dud "scaries" as well, so I always keep in mind that the gallop is only a small part of the picture
I'm just here for the fun of it