TBS 2yo sale

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: TBS 2yo sale

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I never thought I'd see so many people dissapointed over wow gallopers.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Tim Matthews wrote:
Erica Olson wrote:I got Lev, a dirt router wow. It's nice to get a horse from TBS for the first time but I'm not that excited about having paid $404,000 for a wow. Oh, well.
One time I paid $6,000,000 for a wow.

And one time Eric paid $7,000,000 for a HTT.

It happens.
!!!!!! Ok, now I feel better.
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K
Laura Cameron
Eclipse Champion

Post by Laura Cameron »

I got Kaiju. He galloped scary and has a Stewardly note. Very happy, and thrilled to get him under $3m!!

It seemed like there were a lot of potential bargains this time around - unless it was just due to the lack of a non-select yearling sale last year?
Thundering: leading turf mile sire with average offspring earnings over $70,000
Legionnaire: Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner and sire of 5 stakes winning juveniles in his freshman year
Coming soon: Early Edition and Square
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

I never thought I'd see so many people dissapointed over wow gallopers.
Totally agree with this.

Lots of late developers in this sale.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Erica Olson wrote:
Tim Matthews wrote:
Erica Olson wrote:I got Lev, a dirt router wow. It's nice to get a horse from TBS for the first time but I'm not that excited about having paid $404,000 for a wow. Oh, well.
One time I paid $6,000,000 for a wow.

And one time Eric paid $7,000,000 for a HTT.

It happens.
!!!!!! Ok, now I feel better.
You should be excited that you got a wow for $400k. Usually the cheap ones aren't very good (wings or worse) and yes, $400k in a TBS auction IS cheap.

Also, for what it is worth.. I am happy that my filly is a wow because she COULD have been a wings or htt and I prefer a wow over that. Plus, it is still a wow after the gallops were changed so yay for it not being a wings!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Tammy Stawicki wrote:I never thought I'd see so many people dissapointed over wow gallopers.
Last year's auctions were unbelievably deep, so there's bound to be some disappointment. I'm not bummed because Stew-bred wows tend to perform better than regular wows, at least from what I've seen.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Also keep in mind that I'm equally affected by the decrease in wow and scaries as everyone else. It's not like that set of scaries who got bumped down to wow skipped over me. A lot of these now-wows would have been scaries last year.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I was just writing the same thing, Em. Get out of my head! :P
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Nena Olson wrote:You should be excited that you got a wow for $400k. Usually the cheap ones aren't very good (wings or worse) and yes, $400k in a TBS auction IS cheap.

Also, for what it is worth.. I am happy that my filly is a wow because she COULD have been a wings or htt and I prefer a wow over that. Plus, it is still a wow after the gallops were changed so yay for it not being a wings!
I'm always happy to get a wow, but it seems like a bit of a gamble for me to pay that high as a newer player still trying to build up my stable. Granted, $400k is cheap for TBS, but I own a couple other Steward-breds whose career earnings are below $50k, so there's no guarantee that this horse will come close to recouping his purchase price. Last year I picked up a 2y/o dirt router wow (who is still a wow now) in an auction for only $73,000. Maybe I would have been better off saving the money for other auctions? But of course it's impossible to tell at this point.

(And I just saw the Steward's post about some of the now-wows being scaries last year. I hadn't considered that.)
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Erica Olson wrote:
Nena Olson wrote:You should be excited that you got a wow for $400k. Usually the cheap ones aren't very good (wings or worse) and yes, $400k in a TBS auction IS cheap.

I'm always happy to get a wow, but it seems like a bit of a gamble for me to pay that high as a newer player still trying to build up my stable. Granted, $400k is cheap for TBS, but I own a couple other Steward-breds whose career earnings are below $50k, so there's no guarantee that this horse will come close to recouping his purchase price. Last year I picked up a 2y/o dirt router wow (who is still a wow now) in an auction for only $73,000. Maybe I would have been better off saving the money for other auctions? But of course it's impossible to tell at this point.

(And I just saw the Steward's post about some of the now-wows being scaries last year. I hadn't considered that.)
I'm sorry but I don't understand. Did you expect to get a Scary good?
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I'm super happy!!! I got The Master on an underbid. He galloped wow and only needs lasix.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

when you buy a horse there is no guarantee when you breed a horse there is no guarantee, and that it doesn't matter who you buy from there is no guarantee how they will race, if one is not comfy or willing to spend the money at this time ask yourself if you are willing to part with that money

when i buy especially fillies I am not necessarily buying for it to be a racer
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I think Stephen stole his colt! I got to meet him at Breeders Cup and he is a hoot! Congrats Stephen

Savage
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Louise Bayou wrote:
Erica Olson wrote:

I'm sorry but I don't understand. Did you expect to get a Scary good?
No, I was expecting him to be a wow or lower. Just got a little trigger-happy with bidding. I had set myself a mental limit with the price I was willing to pay for a horse that would be wow or less, but I got excited because it was fun to be a part of the auction with all the last-minute bids coming in.
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K
Laura Cameron
Eclipse Champion

Post by Laura Cameron »

Erica Olson wrote:

Honestly, I don't think TBS auctions are the way to build your stable as a new player. It's fairly rare to recoup your purchase price, at least on the track (Legionnaire and Early Edition are my only TBS purchases out of MANY to make a significant on-track profit). As you noted, it's more efficient to purchase horses elsewhere without paying the premium. I see TBS sales more as a way to get top breeding prospects into your stable once you're somewhat established.
Thundering: leading turf mile sire with average offspring earnings over $70,000
Legionnaire: Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner and sire of 5 stakes winning juveniles in his freshman year
Coming soon: Early Edition and Square