TBS 2yo sale

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: TBS 2yo sale

Post by Lori Hamill »

Rob Canterbury wrote:I got a rock

Are you going to pin hook?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Lori Hamill wrote:
Rob Canterbury wrote:I got a rock

Are you going to pin hook?
Lori for the win people!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Face the Flames I got this 2 piece wow for $253,000. I'm honestly not to upset...I finally made a purchase from a TBS auction (and I've been here since May 2010)!
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Ashley Hunt wrote:Face the Flames I got this 2 piece wow for $253,000. I'm honestly not to upset...I finally made a purchase from a TBS auction (and I've been here since May 2010)!
Congrats!!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

So, I got Muto http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=528098

He's a 2 piecer...one I've gotten, the other is a trainer piece.

OH...and he galloped SCARY! Whoot!

Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I got turf route filly Missed by Moments for a reasonable 1.5 million. She galloped wow, and I was particularly happy with her sharp 58.80 work.

One comment about wows vs scaries. I've purchased over 50 Steward-breds in my sixteen game years, and never gotten a scary. Though I suspect a few of my purchases in early years might have been scaries, had that level existed then. (When we first got gallops in Year 24. there were only three levels -- not impressed, hard to tell, and wings. So, wings horses were eagerly sought, believe it or not.)

A few years ago, I made by far my most expensive purchase, going to nearly 5 million to get the turf route colt Reithan from the 2yo sale. He was only a wow. Bummer. But I had the mindset that he was a long-term project, which I was expecting to race at least through the age of six. He's been a decent runner, especially at age four, with some of his best races coming in losing efforts against the best of his generation. Last year, he wasn't as impressive, and I was on the verge of reluctantly retiring him. Thankfully, he had a nice win in his final start of the season, so I felt that was the go-ahead to race another year.

Now, at six, he has turned scary. That's a self-fulfilling prophesy, if there ever was one. I mean, age six is what I'd always been focused on. Plus, I guess I can no longer say that I've never gotten a scary from a SB auction. Gee, that was, like, the only whine I had left in SIM.
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

I got Sunshine Bright for $318k.
She is a 'wings' with both pieces done and a great name.
Reminds me of the Kentucky Derby.
Last edited by Karl Smythe 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Rob Canterbury wrote:I got a rock(i)
you aint got nuthin!
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I gave up on the TBS sales for the most part after I wound up with this and this in two successive years.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=561836

Sahara Shining is a Wings...400K for her, but I think she will be a fine Mare.....

=)

Jack
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
James Selby
Sprinter

Post by James Selby »

I got Empire Business...which is a wow.
Vanille Reynolds
Miler

Post by Vanille Reynolds »

James Selby wrote:I got Empire Business...which is a wow.
Congratulations, he was one of three I was really after. I was bummed to miss out on him. (But pleased my judge of which horses to bid on was good) :)
Rafa Usoz
Classic Contender

Post by Rafa Usoz »

Got Ascot Trophy, wow with the 2 pieces now :)
Quilombo - Turf Sprinter 35.000 $
Nations Pride- Turf Sprinter/AW Sprinter 35.000 $
Rajselam - Turf Sprinter 25.000 $
Quiebro - Turf Sprinter 19.000 $
Sahabudeen - Arabian Sprinter 35.000 $
Soussyy - Arabian Router 35.000 $
Cheyanne Estes
Two Year Old

Post by Cheyanne Estes »

For my first try at a TBS2yoT sale, I got Tsunami waves, http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=560142 . A wow dirt router colt. I am happy, happy, :D considering I don't have a large bank roll and I got him for 260k.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what does pinhook mean?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Pin-hook is when a person buys a horse and then re-sales to another player for profit.
Many times a player will purchase a Steward Bred horse without the intent of keeping it as they know there are other players who will spend more then double the purchase price to buy it off them.

A couple reason this happens:

1) In these auctions you can only win 1 horse. So if a player wants multiple steward bred horses from that auction, they have to buy a pin-hooked horse.
2) Sometimes trainers can not be online during the close of auction so missed there chance so they will pay more to buy pin-hooked horse from another player.

There are a lot of different opinions on this practice, but it's not illegal and not considered cheating so it will continue.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA