tbs thing

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Re: tbs thing

Post by Scott Eiland »

Got bigfooted on my target by one of the game's elite for the millionth time, then ended up with Free on the same day i signed my divorce papers. Free (Doc Halladay-Flightful by Redwood) needs a training piece, galloped wow and breezed 5f in 58.21.

I'm pretty sure I hate everything. Anyone want Free? Pinhook opportunities abound.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

I haven't signed my divorce papers yet and I ended up with Hold My Hand (a horse I do not remember bidding on).

No idea if there is a hidden meaning in there, but she's scary good.....so there's that.
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

I lucked into an underbid...the 2 fillies I was after snuck by a few thou over what I had bid with 9 seconds to go...

Anyway, I won Taking a Bow (Magical Trevor x Silent Winds).

He's a wow gallop 2 piecer, and I paid to find the first...2nd is a trainer piece.

Possibly entertain the right pinhook offer by PM.

Trastevere Peru
Miler

Post by Trastevere Peru »

Congrats Vanille, it seems it's your time.
I had an emergency little kid patient, so I hope the next Steward's auction wil be my time !!!! Jajaja
Congrats to all !!!
Happy Acting Turf Sprinter 20,000
Dressed in Suits Turf Sprinter 10,000

¨Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus¨
Umberto Eco
Tiyoun Long
Miler

Post by Tiyoun Long »

I'm very pleased to see I'd picked up Blood Moon on an underbid, as I thought I'd lost out

He galloped Scary Good so I hope I don't turn him into a'sad wow' :D
Lee Cara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Lee Cara »

I got Listen for way more than i would have liked to have paid, but since i wasn't going to be around it was bid big and cross my fingers.

She just worked 46.48 4f turf which is equal 2nd fastest ever.

She galloped Scary with the please don't change name comment.

Hopefully she will repay some of my outlay on her.
Laura Cameron
Eclipse Champion

Post by Laura Cameron »

Woke up at stupid o'clock on a Sunday to bid and was rewarded with Good Deed. He galloped 'scary' and will hopefully make another nice outcross for all my Thundering/Legionnaire blood.
Thundering: leading turf mile sire with average offspring earnings over $70,000
Legionnaire: Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner and sire of 5 stakes winning juveniles in his freshman year
Coming soon: Early Edition and Square
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Whoopsie, I forgot. Remembered at 1:01pm. Too late, got nipped by Kevin who doesn't remember bidding on her! Clearly a horse was not my fate today.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I ended up with several high bids and got my top choice, Broadchurch. He's a 2 piecer, TT + Bandages. Worked him once with FB and he was not slow, so think his equipment is probably correct as is. Haven't galloped yet, but given the work time and the "don't change name" note I'm just going to assume he's a scary.

See you in the Y42 Triple Crown I hope!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

My flight was delayed, which was going to make me miss the auction, and then my computer died (just bought a new one - but the old one was almost seven years old), so I texted Carolyn Eaton, who was a wonderful friend and placed two bids for me on Sherwood and Angel. Would have been happy with either, and ended up with Angel, who galloped scary and if the vet will ever cough up the second piece, I'll have both pieces of equipment. Good luck to everyone with their purchases!
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

leecara wrote:I got Listen for way more than i would have liked to have paid, but since i wasn't going to be around it was bid big and cross my fingers.

She just worked 46.48 4f turf which is equal 2nd fastest ever.

She galloped Scary with the please don't change name comment.

Hopefully she will repay some of my outlay on her.
She's a Doctor Who named filly. I don't think you'll have any problems. :)
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I wasn't able to be around for the end of the auction. I really badly wanted one particular filly. Needless to say I was ultra annoyed to find Quite Right Too had gone for $1,203,000. Being 3ked on that sort of bid is just not cool. That's TBS for you though.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Lino Duran
Sprinter

Post by Lino Duran »

Cosmic Con
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=571267

She has galloped as stakes
I am interested to sell or trade for a sprinter router :)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Cleo Patra wrote:I wasn't able to be around for the end of the auction. I really badly wanted one particular filly. Needless to say I was ultra annoyed to find Quite Right Too had gone for $1,203,000. Being 3ked on that sort of bid is just not cool. That's TBS for you though.
That sucks Cleo, but that is the way it goes every time. There is bidding at the beginning to fill out the auction for under bid purposes. Then the auction goes dormant for 6 days and then within 1 hour all the way until the last minute the bidding goes crazy. The 1k and 3Kers will always be there to snipe you out. And then you will see that same horse for sale as a pin hook 48 hours later =)
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

And sometime, the horse goes on an underbid, so while it may look like a 3k snipe, it may not actually have been that at the time the auction closed. The horse may have gone much higher in price, then fallen back down due to an underbid. But, yes, sometimes, its a last second bid.