tbs thing

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: tbs thing

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

exactly.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I've got to admit I've become a 3ker. I used to think it was appalling and I would always earlier in the auction up my bids by appreciable amounts, but then inevitably someone would just follow that up with a 3ker. And unless you insanely overbid the value of a horse early on inevitably someone will outbid you so I've figured why bid early on at early anymore I'm just running the price up (that being said I feel left out and you can always maybe get that underbid so I do still throw a few early bids out). But yes now I mostly just wait until the auction is about to end and just keep throwing out 3k bids on horses I want, often outbidding myself because that is how I found I could actually win horses. The system does admittedly stink for those that for one reason or another can't be at the auction close, but at the end of the day those that are there at auction close are going to do what they can to get a horse they want at the lowest possible cost and that is 3king...
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Tammy Stawicki wrote:I've got to admit I've become a 3ker. I used to think it was appalling and I would always earlier in the auction up my bids by appreciable amounts, but then inevitably someone would just follow that up with a 3ker. And unless you insanely overbid the value of a horse early on inevitably someone will outbid you so I've figured why bid early on at early anymore I'm just running the price up (that being said I feel left out and you can always maybe get that underbid so I do still throw a few early bids out). But yes now I mostly just wait until the auction is about to end and just keep throwing out 3k bids on horses I want, often outbidding myself because that is how I found I could actually win horses. The system does admittedly stink for those that for one reason or another can't be at the auction close, but at the end of the day those that are there at auction close are going to do what they can to get a horse they want at the lowest possible cost and that is 3king...
Agreed. Hey more power to the people good and fast enough to actually type in an amount but I am not. I'm always way to nervous to do that and I just keep hitting the bid button.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

doesn't make much sense to me to do anything other than 3K the price, as you say. Unless you want to post 20 mil right off the bat and sit back and wait for the end!
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Trying to bid via my iPhone just doesn't work. Oh, well had a great day at the cat shelter, even if I got shut out buying a fake horsie.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

I got Colors, but not that impressed. She is a 2 piece (gallop) wow. I would probably sell her to anyone that wanted to pay what I paid, maybe + a few dollars.
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

Tammy Stawicki wrote:I've got to admit I've become a 3ker.
If you can't beat them, join em.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I was having my family christmas so had no wifi/computer and roaming cell signal so.... I received nothing, of course. Oh well.... maybe the next one!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I forgot about the end of the auction even though I reminded myself about it a few hours before. Oops! I now have $8 million, the most I've ever had in my bankroll, so if anyone is looking to sell something nice (not only TBS horses) I'm open to offers. I like basically everything except all weather and steeplechasers.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds