TBS Zero Year Old Auction

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Re: TBS Zero Year Old Auction

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Likewise I missed on the first one and was originally bidding with limited funds for most of this second auction (shortly before it ended I sold something so strategy changed).

There I am with a new set of higher priced, no name horses that all look alike on the surface but I'm thinking I've got it down to four and I'm the under bidder on all four. But general under bidding is flying fast and furious with 10-15 minutes to go and I'm loosing track of which is which and no names doesn't help. My neighbor was getting rid of a 32" flat screen tv and it has found its' home as my new computer monitor. I am able to have two separate windows open with auction information updating on both. Five minutes to go and the phone rings. I stupidly answer it and it's my 87 year old mother-in-law and she just wants to talk to me. Sheesh, do you know what I'm doing here lady? I stay polite make conversation as best I can and frantically try to, now, just win something, anything. I'm poking keys, changing screens, try one more time and the auction is closed (mother-in-law still asking about the weather, etc., etc.).

Phone call done at the same time the auction is done. I go to the home screen and my bankroll is down almost $500K. $500K did I bid $500K on something? Well I apparently did and I got Captain Crunch Time. Seems like he could be a good one.

Phew! That was exhausting!
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 5 years ago Likewise I missed on the first one and was originally bidding with limited funds for most of this second auction (shortly before it ended I sold something so strategy changed).

There I am with a new set of higher priced, no name horses that all look alike on the surface but I'm thinking I've got it down to four and I'm the under bidder on all four. But general under bidding is flying fast and furious with 10-15 minutes to go and I'm loosing track of which is which and no names doesn't help. My neighbor was getting rid of a 32" flat screen tv and it has found its' home as my new computer monitor. I am able to have two separate windows open with auction information updating on both. Five minutes to go and the phone rings. I stupidly answer it and it's my 87 year old mother-in-law and she just wants to talk to me. Sheesh, do you know what I'm doing here lady? I stay polite make conversation as best I can and frantically try to, now, just win something, anything. I'm poking keys, changing screens, try one more time and the auction is closed (mother-in-law still asking about the weather, etc., etc.).

Phone call done at the same time the auction is done. I go to the home screen and my bankroll is down almost $500K. $500K did I bid $500K on something? Well I apparently did and I got Captain Crunch Time. Seems like he could be a good one.

Phew! That was exhausting!
A similar thing happened to me at the end of the first foal auction lol

I hope your Stewcleo bred ( :lol: ) turns out awesome haha. Seriously that horse is all my favourites of things I bred or races.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Sale Auction - Trial By Summer Foal Sale by The Steward Completed Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:00 pm

Sale Auction - Trial By Summer Foal Sale by The Steward Completed Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:00 pm

Guess who assumed that the second auction finished the same time of day as the first?
Then guess who missed on all four options selected two days ago?
Not one of those four went for anything near what I thought they were worth. Worst part is I was actually on the PC at the time it finished... Playing a different game :lol:
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I like to lay bids down early because I have really expensive tastes and will likely need to get lucky with an underbid (sometimes I wind up having second thoughts a day or so later and really regretting it). Once I'm outbid, depending how much I'm logged onto the SIM and how much research I can do, I'll start tossing bids on the next "tier" of horses down if I see some things I wouldn't mind having. This time, with the auctions so close together, I had the luxury of getting some nice things for cheaper. My new rule this year was not to go over $2 million for ANYTHING, and I've already broken it because I have been dying to get my hands on a Mayangelsleadyouin daughter for years. Finally got her!

I also tend to like fillies only (although I've bid on a few colts here in a recent years and gotten them). I'd rather have a future broodmare with a great female family that is allowance to grade three level than a colt that is only allowance to grade three level (which is what I usually seem to get, unless I'm lucky).
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!