Future Steward Bred Auctions

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Future Steward Bred Auctions

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Here is a scary thought. If I have searched correctly, the Steward has no horse under the age of 4 and only one unbred mare. Unless she goes on a mega mare buying spree, the best we can hope for is a year 53 foal auction and no yearling auction until year 54. :o :shock:
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Future Steward Bred Auctions

Post by Carole Hanson »

Unless she leases out a bunch of mares and has a super select auction.

Huh this reminds me of what it used to be like. 2yo select auction, 1yo select auction and 1yo non-select auction every year. And occasionally a mare auction was thrown into the mix. Select auctions were obviously massive, non-select? Not so much, but I’m sure people found absolute gems in those as well
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

What’s to stop her from a year 53 foal auction first couple weeks of the season like she did this season?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Pete Vella wrote: 5 years ago What’s to stop her from a year 53 foal auction first couple weeks of the season like she did this season?
Past comments she's made?
yeah
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Pete Vella wrote: 5 years ago What’s to stop her from a year 53 foal auction first couple weeks of the season like she did this season?
That what I said "the best we can hope for is a year 53 foal auction". She has 259 mares so she could breed them at the beginning of year 53 and do a foal auction of some or all. If she only does some the rest could be in a yearling auction but not until year 54. If she does all, then there are no potential yearlings for year 54 and we would be back to another foal auction in year 54.

I'm thinking I need to get some really nice mares and raise my breeding skills a significant amount. :?
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Well hey at least it gives you the time to build up a significantly good cash balance!
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Carole Hanson wrote: 5 years ago Well hey at least it gives you the time to build up a significantly good cash balance!
Cash balance, what's that? I always find someone who offers me something I can't refuse. My pockets are constantly smoldering from money burning holes.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

If we bought 3 Stewbred foals this year, next year they would be yearlings and we wouldn't be able to buy any even if there were a yearling auction, is this correct?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Lori Hamill wrote: 5 years ago If we bought 3 Stewbred foals this year, next year they would be yearlings and we wouldn't be able to buy any even if there were a yearling auction, is this correct?
I believe you are correct. Which, for people like me who only got one foal, I'd love to see a yearling auction next year.

Another thought, all those who got foals this year will have yearlings to sell to people like me next year.

Come see me when that time comes.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Correct - if you have three Steward-bred foals, you are at your max for this year's crop.

I'm also going to note that another result of this is that stallions retiring at the end of this year most likely won't have an opportunity for their first crop to be Steward-approved.