Frustrating Allowance DR Thing?

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Frustrating Allowance DR Thing?

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I have this thing https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1041147
I paid her purchase price knowing she was Allowance, and hoping she would improve - I mean, look at her parents!! Alas, as of right now she is still "Allowance" and has the workout times to match.
I could certainly sit on her longer, which I am tempted to do. But at this point I am trying to make money, save it up, and only dump it into horses that are truly going to further my SIM career. I just don't know if this filly is one of those horses... I still hold some hope that maybe she'll have a start and decide to be brilliant.

I don't know. I guess I'm making this thread to let everyone know that I am entertaining offers on her. And if you guys think I'm being completely crazy and should sit on her longer, please let me know. I don't have that eye for good horses that some of you have and it would be really nice to keep this one in my stable if she looks like one that could jump up in ability.
To me, her bloodlines look pretty precocious, so I feel like this is as good as it gets... But who knows?
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Frustrating Allowance DR Thing?

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I would 100% sit on her Lily! Give her a couple starts, see if she improves on the track, and if not wait until she is maybe 4 and see if she is broodmare material! With her dam line I would think she should be!
β™› KINGSWOOD β™›
Pensioner Program
β€’ Pension your 2yo or older horse
β€’ Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
β€’ Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

Yeah...I agree...she has the pedigree and some horses get a boost after their first start, so you may not have to wait until she's 5 to experience that.
Also, there are plenty of us who've won stakes races with "allowance" gallopers. For me, it was this gal who popped back to back wins, the second of which was a G1.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=945082

Ya just never know.

Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Definitely wait on this one! She's only just turned 2 as well so has plenty of time to improve!
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Thanks everyone for the advice!! I will definitely sit on her and see what happens.
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Phil Hoeflich wrote: ↑5 years ago Yeah...I agree...she has the pedigree and some horses get a boost after their first start, so you may not have to wait until she's 5 to experience that.
Also, there are plenty of us who've won stakes races with "allowance" gallopers. For me, it was this gal who popped back to back wins, the second of which was a G1.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=945082

Ya just never know.
I had an allowance I picked up that broke his maiden first out Stakes and just trounced the field, gallop comments are useless once racing starts.
yeah
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

I recently had an email conversation with a SIM player about a horse's ability guess from works. Your very nice horse is working 5 f. consistently under :58. That is a keep and race. While I rarely work a horse more than three times before their start, a lot of SIM players work young horses seemingly every seven days. I'm not sure why. If they can run a sub :58. They're good. Name 'em. Work 'em. Race 'em. Race 'em. They will let you know when they are finished running. Then blood stock the mares to see if your frustrating allowance thing blossoms into a special brood mare. You never know when you get to dance on the Rooftop, 'umbly , jX
Last edited by Jon Xett 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Whether you sit on her or not, you buy those not wanting to win big races with them. You buy them wanting to make 10ish pretty babies with them. Anything else they do is gravy!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Jon Xett wrote: ↑5 years ago I recently had an email conversation with a SIM player about a horse's ability guess from works. Your very nice horse is working 5 f. consistently under :58. That is a keep and race. While I rarely work a horse more than three times before their start, a lot of SIM players work young horses seemingly every seven days. I'm not sure why. If they can run a sub :58. They're good. Name 'em. Work 'em. Race 'em. Race 'em. They will let you know when they are finished running. The blood stock the mares to see if your frustrating allowance thing blossoms into a special brood mare. You never know when you get to dance on the Rooftop, 'umbly , jX
Personally, cause I'm too broke and stingy to pay for equipment. LOL
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Jon Xett wrote: ↑5 years ago I recently had an email conversation with a SIM player about a horse's ability guess from works. Your very nice horse is working 5 f. consistently under :58. That is a keep and race. While I rarely work a horse more than three times before their start, a lot of SIM players work young horses seemingly every seven days. I'm not sure why. If they can run a sub :58. They're good. Name 'em. Work 'em. Race 'em. Race 'em. They will let you know when they are finished running. The blood stock the mares to see if your frustrating allowance thing blossoms into a special brood mare. You never know when you get to dance on the Rooftop, 'umbly , jX
Becaused to obtain the second piece there are three options:

A) Gallop it 2,000 times in the hope the assistant trainer finally has an epiphany
B) Work it with different piece and hope that a variable in vetting doesn't cause an anomaly
C) Race it six times and waste those races racing at a less than perfect condition

That is assuming you pay GP's for the first piece because you may go through the first two scenario's and never know it was a one piece horse after all. :o
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

The Steward wrote: ↑5 years ago Whether you sit on her or not, you buy those not wanting to win big races with them. You buy them wanting to make 10ish pretty babies with them. Anything else they do is gravy!
This is exactly my reasoning for paying 1.5 mil for her cousin. If you do decide to sell, I’ll scrounge the money up and buy her cause it’s a nice family!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Even if I’ve found the equipment I work them out every week to keep their fitness up.