jX by Jon Xett

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

jX by Jon Xett

Post by Jon Xett »

Yes. Yes. I know it is a strange lease auction.
The name of the auction could have been Keep or Chuck? as in I should probably just pension and GP but I can't, I just can't 0R can I?
Or Dreck in the Dust? as in the opposite of the recent Diamonds in the Rough?
U do the Work? as in says router but let me try my miler... or geeze-o-pete jX! How you you have missed this sure fire cross?

These are the bottom three rungs of my broodmare band. as in 1-2-3. I used them all in year 51.
So results for these mares have been mostly predictable; some progeny have surprised.

Do you think these all really stink? That's ok. Don't bid. How often do you see an Xett brand mare lease? ever?
Do you see something that I haven't seen heretofore?
Do you think you can do better with these mares than I have so far?
Do you see a pedigree that interests you?
Do you have a sire that might make for a nice outcross?

Too many questions. Thanks for playing, jX
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Re: jX by Jon Xett

Post by Jon Xett »

by the way, Lease through Sim Year 53 Auction - jX by Jon Xett

Thanks to everyone who has placed a bid so far. I really appreciate the interest. Not surprisingly most of the highest earners have seen some action.

Well did you know that I, Jon Xett, (alternate personality alert) am slightly unusual in my approach to the game?
I am strange. I am unusual. I am a mutant.
It's true, I under train, under work, under race horses.
I run horses without the correct equipment. I don't vet a lot or place a lot of stock in whisperers. (That's fun to say out loud - WHISP-Per-Errrz.
You just said it out loud didn't cha?
I forget I have quite nice racers in the barn and race them unfit because racing is fun and constant gallops, jogs, swims is time consuming and frankly not fun.
Inner voice yells: GET TO THE POINT.
Ok, the point is: for jX mares, money earned is not the only indication of a jX mare's ability. Sometime maidens and low earners, kick up and surprise me with an allowance racer. Do you love allowance racers, do you just love them? I think they are cool and not sad at all. jX
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Thank you for bidding. You know who you are. Much appreciated.

Saturday morning Simming and why am I filled with so much anxiety about my auction? Relax Xett.

Well it is because I don't have much experience with this lease stuff?
My first thought is why so little interest. Is it because I am a self-depreciating has been trying to offload junk?
So, I start to look through these brood mares. Thinking in my brain as I click: ...this one's nice, this one has a nice pedigree, shoulda done better, oh my, someone will really like this one, she has given up how many allowance racers?, this one was a freak racer and a formidable broodmare?, man alive, look at the SC winner and nice sire in this pedigree; I coulda done better with her, crapola, I messed up this one, I wanna try a colt, why did I do this auction?, what if they don't get freaks and hate me?, what if they do get nicer runners that I was ever able to get and they'll laugh?, why did you share your secrets dumb guy? dumb guy!

Inner SIM voice-over: Breathe deeply. Exhale. Let go of the separation anxiety. You can do this. They know.

I'm good now. Have fun hunting for something interesting and good in the game, jX
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Today's musing.

Electron-electron interactions in bilayer graphene quantum dots by M. Zarenia

The only possible explanation on why The Admin bid in my auction. Za Ha Ha Ah Ha!
Or another theory, there are cool changes afoot that a live test in an auction by the Admin needed to be performed so they chose the worst mare to test.
Or another theory, so few bids that a complaint was lodged with The Admin that the auction button was broken. Tested. Nope. Not broken. Just really bad horses.
jX
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Could just be the Admin is a fan of M. Zarenia and the whole Electron-electron interactions in bilayer graphene quantum dots thing as, apparently, Karl is/was when he named her.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

My auction end is up next! !Well this is going so much better than I had expected. Less than 100 of the 150 mares are yet unclaimed. I really hope that you find the key, get the gold, and have fun with your cheap-o lease mares. I truly believe that there are some golden ticket foals that will come out of this lease for several of you who have taken an interest in my mares. The majority of these will go super cheap to folks so that they will have money to perhaps experiment with the pricier stallion prospects or take a chance on romance with that nebulous or under-utilized sire.

I had fun with the reserve prices when setting up the auction. The $3 reserves are rated formidable breeding operation. The $2 reserves were rated the kind that could surprise you.The $1 reserves were rated may not be the right fit for the classiest stables. I paid for the auction with unlimited number of horses that also came with the ability to set reserves. I did not know how to make reserves really. I really did not want to set higher reserves on such a group. In lease auctions, since you are really only using the horse 1 time so high reserve prices would be rude or presumptuous; at least with my band of low class mares. I think I will go back to the auction barn now and reassure all of my mares that they are loved. Onward, jX
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Three hours left in this auction. Good luck. First person to report a Stakes or dare I say a Freak galloper from your jX year 52 auction gets that mare back and a blue hen mare lease. All in Fun, jX
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

My sincere thanks for participating in my auction. My appreciation to everyone with a successful bid that you are willing to take a chance on romance with this group of mares. Best wishes to you as you explore the best fit, the amazing outcross, the something new, the unusual try, or the tried and true.
The horses that you all breed deserve a chance. Here's to chances. Cheers. jX
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Thanks Jon. This lease (for $3!) will be my first ever foray into breeding. Seems like as good way as any to get started to me.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k) | The Hotshot ($5k)
TB AW Sprint | Julius Caesar ($10k) | Maggot ($10k)
QH Sprint | Lagunitas ($15k)
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

That is so cool Brandon. I'm am pleased that my auction has allowed you to enter the SIM breeding world. I see goodness in your future. jX
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Glitch would make a nice horse name but Glitch complicates the SIM. My auction was stated as being a lease auction thru year 53. Technically that meant that you have the option for two leased foals.
So here's the auction answer. When SIM Admin's were first changing things to be sales auction, lease auction, or multi year lease auction, several auctions created over a 5 day span were made as 2 year leases even though that's not what the owner selected. The more savvy auction players contacted the Admin as soon as they saw it while the auction was still going, but obviously I'm the opposite of savvy in all things SIM and mine closed that way.

I can go about fixing this several ways:
1. Breed one, send the mare back by terminating the lease and just leave it there. I'm told that none of my non-hen/non-star mares in this lease auction are superstars. If the mare is returned to me this year 52 and you are cool with the one lease foal then I am cool. If you return it with a lease termination after the next year 53 second lease foal, also cool. Got it?
2. If you already terminated the lease this year after foal one, YOU can message me that YOU WANT THE MARE BACK for YEAR 53 -> by week 14 Year 52 <- and if the mare was not croaked when you bred her the first time -OR- if I did not PENSION the mare upon return; I will send the mare back you Week 1 Year 53 myself. (Xett, make a note/tie a string.) If I did PENSION the mare, whoops, and you are upset that you did not get a second foal; simply send me a message in the game.
3. You can also send your mare back without breeding her; after all, they are what they are as noted in this thread.

I don't want this to be a big deal or cause for ill will. Simply send me an email if you want the mare back for a second lease.

What a Mess, jX
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I’m confused, my leases from that auction all say...

Terminate your lease on this horse and return it to the previous owner. The lease will automatically terminate at the end of Sim Year 53.

What’s up?
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 5 years ago I’m confused, my leases from that auction all say...

Terminate your lease on this horse and return it to the previous owner. The lease will automatically terminate at the end of Sim Year 53.

What’s up?
They were 2 year leases :)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

That’s what I understood. So as Jon says, why would I need to terminate lease for Jon to resend the horse to me for next year?
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

To clarify:
1. If you Breed one then send the mare back by terminating the lease in year 52...

.... and you are cool with the one lease foal then I am cool. If you return the mare Year 52 with a lease termination by MISTAKE and you want another progeny in year 53 THEN after the next year 53 turnover happens, I’ll send a second lease foal if you really want one.

No one has to terminate the mare lease after they breed their Year 52 foal. In fact, I’d prefer if you didn’t terminate if you want 2 progeny. jX