Complain or discuss GP Auction Format here

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: TBS Game Point Auction

Post by Danny Derby »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago
Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago

How will that work when it gets closer (ie last five minutes) to the auction closing? If he's messaging you, how will other players know to counter his bids? Maybe posting to the forum on his behalf? Just trying to get ahead of a potential problem, as I know how nutty these auction forums can get in the last few minutes :)
100% agree.
It wasn't meant to be very complicated... he will message me, I will post it. I kind of thought I specifically posted it in my "He's messaging me" but I clearly didn't, so I will amend my above post and continue to add his amount whenever I state he has messaged me. It's not just him, a couple of people's browsers have trouble with the forum, so also:

Dylan Price, 75,000 GPs on 1.
Timing is going to be a huge issue in the last few minutes, especially if you have multiple people messaging you. What if I message you a winning bid privately but it’s with 50 seconds before the auction ends and you can’t post it in time? How would you deal with that. Like Laura said, just trying to avoid potential issues.
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

She can always lock this post so no one else can comment then she can process the post and messages as we are waiting Patiently for her to go through everything. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Jennifer Blake wrote: 4 years ago She can always lock this post so no one else can comment then she can process the post and messages as we are waiting Patiently for her to go through everything. 🤷🏼‍♀️
But then we are competing against mystery message bids we never actually saw posted.
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago
Jennifer Blake wrote: 4 years ago She can always lock this post so no one else can comment then she can process the post and messages as we are waiting Patiently for her to go through everything. 🤷🏼‍♀️
But then we are competing against mystery message bids we never actually saw posted.
Valid point! I didn’t think of that.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Jennifer Blake wrote: 4 years ago
Probably too late for this one, but for a forum auction I'd like to see something like "open season until Monday at Noon. After that, each horse will be sold to the highest bidder after ~12 hours of no bidding activity on that horse" with the 12 hours not being exactly exact but based on Em coming in +- 1/2 hours of that time, so it's not just a game of who can get their post in at 11:59:59.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

In the future, make game point auctions similar to bidding on construction projects?

Make your sealed (PM to the Steward) ONE TIME high bid up front.

And let the chips fall where they may?
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Richard Diemand
Sprinter

Post by Richard Diemand »

In response to Gwayne Mike I second this idea :!:
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Jennifer Blake wrote: 4 years ago

Probably too late for this one, but for a forum auction I'd like to see something like "open season until Monday at Noon. After that, each horse will be sold to the highest bidder after ~12 hours of no bidding activity on that horse" with the 12 hours not being exactly exact but based on Em coming in +- 1/2 hours of that time, so it's not just a game of who can get their post in at 11:59:59.
The problem with that is bidding could go on for days.

I like the sealed bids idea
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Actually the best solution is just to update the regular auction system to take GP :)
Sherry Crow
Miler

Post by Sherry Crow »

If someone is bidding by Private message.. then they are relying on someone else to make their post in forum- if that person (Em) does not get their bid posted to forum in time... they lose out. For it is highest bid posted in forum not who can message EM last. You can't make exceptions to the rule bc there will always be someone who it doesn't work out for and thats life. There are other Steward auctions that may work out for them or not. That is why she spaces them out.

I do like the seal bid Idea.. thats how we had to bid on the lot to build our house and we just hoped our best offer was good enough and it was.
Sherry
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago Actually the best solution is just to update the regular auction system to take GP :)
+1

When it first came out, this method was my guess for how the bidding might go.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Complain or discuss GP Auction Format here

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Please use this thread for comment and leave the actual GP Auction thread for bids alone. That way Emily won’t have non bid issues to wade through while she’s updating.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Re: Complain or discuss GP Auction Format here

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

So, I would 100% be in favor of a one time, sealed bid to be submitted by the auction close instead of the real time and proxy bidding meld it will have this go around. Dare I say it might even make it easier for Emily in the future? At least she wouldn't have to go on the forum and update it. BId your highest and hope for the best with no sniping.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The problem with a one time submission is the bids likely won’t get very high at all.

I feel like the point of this auction is to get people to buy GP for bidding OR selling on the exchange, reducing the bankrolls of richer players while taking money out of the game at the same time.

One time bids people would likely only bid what they have already.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Also, this is supposed to be a fun way to guarantee a stakes+ stewie.

In real life auctions there are anonymous bidders (Via Internet or phone), and you don’t know their proxy until the auction, at least that’s how it works at the car auction by me...
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt