Newer Player Auction

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Newer Player Auction

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago I don’t understand why the limit 3 Stewardbred limit was removed either...
Ditto. People using pinhooks and proxy bidders to collect lots of stewardbreds has long been a source of angst. Limits were put in place to resolve that. But then people used partnerships to circumvent limits, so a new rule was put in place to stop that while at the same time doing away with limits??? I can't see veteran players pinhooking lots of horses out of a newbie sale that had nothing higher than stakes when they know there are two big open stewardbred auctions coming up.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Erin Erskine
Miler

Post by Erin Erskine »

I also don't understand why the stewbred limit was lifted, as it of course has increased the amount of stewies bigger players can buy via pinhooks, and reduces the opportunity of smaller/ players having these bigger horses. And I know the 'New' player auction was probably created to go along with this, but I think a lot of the players who are pinhooking their horses are thinking of they just bought an allowance horse, it's not going to win them very much money as a DR - especially if they're already finished in Trial Park.
Plus, a lot of these players - as Dylan mentioned - don't really specialize in DR. Most new players don't because it's an expensive division mostly dominated by more experienced players. So they are probably pinhooking to build a bankroll that will allow them to maybe buy a stewbred (or good player bred) in the division they want to do.
As previously mentioned, newer players don't have the perks that give them a kick start anymore. A lot of us intermediate players were around when new players got the chance to buy nice horses in AJ before they were open to all players. I know for a fact that I would not be playing the way I am now if it wasn't for that - all the horses that built up my bankroll came from that perk that no longer exists. So newer players need other ways to get money
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Erin is spot on here
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

i don't like the limit lifted either, it was put in place to stop pinhooking etc then came partnerships which then allowed big players to accumulate stewardbreds that way so it was stopped, now limit lifted its just going back to same ole , watch partnerships dissolve now cause there is no more collecting stewardbreds that way when they can just collect them the old way again
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago Why was there such a push for a new player restricted auction when now almost 5 out of 15 have already been pin hooked to a vet player within 24 hours of the end of auction? Still not understanding the reason for this new restricted auction if many of these horses are still ending up in veteran players barns?
I honestly didn’t think it was a worthwhile idea because newer players always make there way up eventually even if they can’t afford a Stewie very soon but, when the opportunity was there I was going to take advantage no matter what, it would’ve been dumb not to buy one whether to pinhook or keep.
yeah
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

I legitimately did not know this was some special auction. My screen stopped where I saw stew bred. Considering I have a direct thread on the forum stating I am looking to buy stew breds I didn’t think anything of it and bought it. I didn’t realize the situation until I saw this thread. I hadn’t looked at the forum until after the purchase. I was in inboxed, smooth talked and suckered into paying 200k more than I originally would have liked but oh well. I like stewbreds.

I feel bad on the premise that I wasn’t aware of this special newbie auction, I don’t play close attention sometimes, but I do not feel bad that I like to collect stewbreds. My barn was directed along smashingly last year and I have a right to invest back into it and play how I like. I am so glad the limits were lifted because I just happen to like to collect stewbreds. I always have. I usually over pay for them, 1.5 mil for an allowance, I think close to 4 mil for a claimer, etc. I am fortunate that I can buy them from sellers or off the sales page and also still afford a run at one in the normal auctions. Why do you want to limit pulling that money out of the SIM and the redistribution of sim money out to the folks that want a financial gain rather than a horse? Some people play for stats, some play for $$$, some play for horses, and then it all clicks and one day you get it all. Quit trying to limit everything with these Robin Hood ideals that it isn’t fair. I mean, they are going away in the next few years any way.

I will agree though that me buying this last one wasn’t cool, in all honesty I just did not know until after the fact. If the stew wants to reverse the sale I’m cool with that.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

And all this bickering is most likely why Em is fading out steward bred horses.

Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Me, just wanting to think about racing:

I have a stable full of cats