sterwarbred auction 02/18

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

sterwarbred auction 02/18

Post by David Faulkner »

an auction with 100 spectacular entry

In my opinion it would be perfect if it were

a) a selection
b) a purchase

there would be 100 players with the opportunity to take home a stewardbred

https://www.simhorseracing.com/auctions ... ionID=4209
George Knatz
Miler

Re: sterwarbred auction 02/18

Post by George Knatz »

There is an opportunity for 100 players to take home a stewardbred. All you have to do is be the high bidder on one. Always a chance you can get a lucky underbid.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

George Knatz wrote: 4 years ago There is an opportunity for 100 players to take home a stewardbred. All you have to do is be the high bidder on one. Always a chance you can get a lucky underbid.
Except in this auction (starting next week), there are no underbids since players can have 2 max bids and can take home 2 horses. The auction going on now will have underbids since it's 2 max bids and 1 take home horse.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 4 years ago
George Knatz wrote: 4 years ago There is an opportunity for 100 players to take home a stewardbred. All you have to do is be the high bidder on one. Always a chance you can get a lucky underbid.
Except in this auction (starting next week), there are no underbids since players can have 2 max bids and can take home 2 horses. The auction going on now will have underbids since it's 2 max bids and 1 take home horse.
there still could be if a player losses money between the time of the bid and the sale
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Sounds like the steward is trying to please both sides of the spectrum. The1st auction with a limit of 1 will hypothetically pull less cash out the game then an auction with a limit of two. I think it was done this way by design.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Joseph Depaulo wrote: 4 years ago
there still could be if a player losses money between the time of the bid and the sale
I guess, however that's not a "true" underbid since the bid cancels prior to the auction ending. But it functions the same way.
Now Standing
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago
Sounds like the steward is trying to please both sides of the spectrum. The1st auction with a limit of 1 will hypothetically pull less cash out the game then an auction with a limit of two. I think it was done this way by design.
I certainly have no issues with the way it's being done. And, I more than anyone can't complain about the steward auctions this year since the new player auction directly benefitted me haha. I was more just pointing out a fact that there will not be underbids.
Now Standing