TBS Auction Round 3

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: TBS Auction Round 3

Post by Erica Olson »

Terracotta (TR filly) galloped Stakes.
Hall of Fame Pacer!
Highland Billy

Trotter Stud:
Viceroy - 5K
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I managed to get my first choice Lead With Purpose, and in a very uncommon twist for me I didn't end up having to significantly overpay to acquire her. I was surprised, since she comes from a very nice young sire and a top female family, and was prepared to spend much more.

She galloped Freak/Peak and has a <3 note. Very happy!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I rarely get a chance to purchase a STB, so last night I gave my best Hail Mary bid on one of 2 I liked, and went to bed. And was I surprised this morning when I found I had actually purchased one. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1221813&. Galloped Stakes and only 1 pieces. I am very pleased.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

I got sniped at the last second, thankfully, to save myself from disappointment.

Did we ever figure out why the proportion of "peak" TBS horses is so much higher than the general horse population? I'll hang up and listen
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Andrew James wrote: 4 years ago
Leigh Ann Anderson wrote: 4 years ago https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse. ... ID=1222108 galloped stakes. I liked a few more but they went above my spending budget.
You picked the right one, the twin is an allowance.
I wondered. Sorry, hopefully he'll improve!
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Tim Matthews wrote: 4 years ago I got sniped at the last second, thankfully, to save myself from disappointment.

Did we ever figure out why the proportion of "peak" TBS horses is so much higher than the general horse population? I'll hang up and listen
We certainly don't know for sure, but I'm convinced it's an inherited trait. I think the steward tends to get the most expensive and winningest mares. These mares tend to be precocious. So the babies also tend to be precocious and therefore peak. But who knows.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 4 years ago
Tim Matthews wrote: 4 years ago I got sniped at the last second, thankfully, to save myself from disappointment.

We certainly don't know for sure, but I'm convinced it's an inherited trait. I think the steward tends to get the most expensive and winningest mares. These mares tend to be precocious. So the babies also tend to be precocious and therefore peak. But who knows.
Based on the best blue hen mares I own and their offspring I'd guess that's definitely not the case.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I got a stunningly well bred filly who galloped freak. So I named her after my real life heart horse. The real Dolly is currently 29 years young and taught me to ride when I was 5 years old while she was still actively racing.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I got lots of game points for a great price on the exchange
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago I got lots of game points for a great price on the exchange
Me too!!!
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago I got lots of game points for a great price on the exchange
Me too!!!
Me Three!
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago
Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago Got my first choice - a Obsidian Fury x Witch's Familiar colt. Paid a pretty penny for him - for whatever reason, this season, it seems like top colts are going for more than top fillies - but he galloped freak, and only needed one piece of equipment. Very happy! Hope everyone else is happy with their purchases.
Congrats. I've never prepped harder to get a horse than I did for this Colt, but I wasn't going to be able to beat whatever your top bid was, I don't think. Hope he runs like a monster.
The set up of this auction played against you. If this was a typical bid on two, get one, auction, my maximum bid wouldn't have been as high. I basically had to make a decision, once Cleo was the high bidder, whether I was all in, or moving to another horse, and went all in. With the normal format, I would have hedged my bets/bids a bit more, and probably put a back up bid on either the filly Danny got (I trained that filly's dam - Danny got a real deal on her), or the filly that Todd got, which would have given you a better shot at either outbidding me or the underbid.
Joe Hernandez
Sprinter

Post by Joe Hernandez »

Can you see the whole completed auction somewhere?
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Joe Hernandez wrote: 4 years ago Can you see the whole completed auction somewhere?
https://www.simhorseracing.com/auctions ... ionID=4210
¯\_(ツ)_/¯