Leasing Racehorses - TR/DR

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Leasing Racehorses - TR/DR

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I clearly can't do anything right with my horses. It's been a downhill slide for several years and I'm pretty fed up with it.

With the exception of a handful of my racing string, any interest in leasing my racehorses? I'd be offering only horses ready to race including stakes gallopers and winners, everything that is at peak maturity and all have the correct equipment.

I'm fairly certain that someone else can do better.
Last edited by Erin Sanderson 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Leasing Racehorses - Any Interest?

Post by Randall Allen »

Don’t give up! I looked at your horses and you are doing a great job. When She Falls is an outstanding horse. Confetti Cannon looks ready to rumble this year.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: Leasing Racehorses - Any Interest?

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Thanks Randall, but frankly, no I am not doing a great job. My win and OTB percentages have dropped every year for 6 years straight. Everyone says I'm doing everything right, but it's pretty clear I'm not somehow.

I'm currently working on a price list, will post Thoroughbreds here and mixers in the other forum.

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: Leasing Racehorses - DR/TR

Post by Erin Sanderson »

My feelings aren't going to be hurt if no one wants to lease these at these prices, but I'm not going to be super negotiable. I do still need whatever income I can squeeze out of them so I can at least breed my blue hens and stars (earning $4k a start means I'm needing to make a LOT of starts just to cover shipping and horse expenses, much less breeding only half of my string). Everything I have of racing age not on this list is either something I actually enjoy racing, claimers and not worth leasing anyway, or is not at peak maturity yet.

Prices for lease on the fillies do NOT include retirement/their first foal.

Turf Routers

Perfect Peace
5 dkb. g. Fireproof - Still Small Voice, by Richard Parker
Gallop: Stakes/Peak
Race Record: 13-5-2-1 $71,050
Price: $50,000

Word Craft
4 ch. g. King of Monsters - Itadela, by Delahoussaye
Race Record: 8-1-2-2 $36,140
Price: $40,000

Believe in Kings
5 b. g. King Michael - Believe As You May, by Cape Canaveral
Gallop: Allowance/Peak
Race Record: 14-3-0-7 $77,870 (Multiple stakes placed)
Price: $20,000

Not a Savage
2 b. c. No One is Safe - Lovely Savage, by Rostov
Unraced

Dirt Routers

Better Off Wild
4 ch. g. Kentucky Wildcat - Wild Mystery, by Man of Mystery
Race Record: 9-2-2-2 $54,300
Price: $40,000

Never Clear
5 dkb. g. Excelsior - Spooky Story, by Through the Ghost
Race Record: 12-2-6-1 $35,050
Price: $30,000

Burning Mane
4 b. g. Redmayne - Burning Gifts, by Thunder Road
Race Record: 1-0-1-0 $5,500

Wish Louder
6 dkb. g. Prince Louder - If She Wishes, by Through the Ghost
Race Record: 19-4-7-3 $127,880 (Stakes winner)
Price: $25,000
Last edited by Erin Sanderson 3 years ago, edited 5 times in total.

Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Leasing Racehorses - TR/DR

Post by Carole Hanson »

Erin, it's only been week 1. You've got to just chill out, let your horses run for a few more weeks and give them a chance to show you that they can run just fine. And please stop saying you can't do anything right when you've won 8 SCs (including one last year), the Louisville Oaks and the Baltimore Crown. You've also bred 3 freaks in your yearling crop so clearly you can do something right.

And your lifetime and year 56 stats look very good so far, over 20% Win in both and over 55% OTB in both too, that's something to be proud of.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Carole, I appreciate the sentiment, but I am looking at a six year long downward trend that is thus far continuing. This frustration has been a very long time building and it is not just because of this first week of this year as you seem to assume. I can breed pretty gallops all over the board, but I've been running stakes gallopers in claimers the last two years just trying to pick up a cheap check because I can't get them in the money anywhere else. Right equipment, fit, and all. I have freaks that are lucky to win allowance races if they ever even manage to graduate NW company. With the exception of a small handful of my racehorses, my racing string mostly just makes me angry week in and week out. So I am taking a step back. I'm not selling everything off as I've been very, very tempted to do many times the last couple of years. I'm just running the ones that I still at least somewhat enjoy and trying to generate low aggravation income with some of the rest.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Thanks to everyone who has leased so far. Please, y'all, take some of my barn off my hands for the year.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Bump.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Bump. Prices reduced.

May be adding more stakes gallopers again tonight.