Take My Horse- Stakes Dirt Sprinter Colt

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Take My Horse- Stakes Dirt Sprinter Colt

Post by Sara Julin »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1109893

I am giving up on him. Someone of the veteran players, please lease him and figure him out QQ
He's debut year he was always there in the front, but always faced one or two better horse. But then he just stopped. And it FRUSTRATES me beyond words. He even went in a barrier trail to build confidence, but ended up in the bottom pile in the race after that.
Please, help me figure him out... Do you want to give him a chance? Send a dm if interested.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Take My Horse- Stakes Dirt Sprinter Colt

Post by The Harlequins »

Only new Sara, but i will place to the best of my ability given the chance
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Peter Quill
Sprinter

Post by Peter Quill »

Geld time :-)
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

He had a barrier trial and and timed work week 2 day 7. How is he vetting?
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 3 years ago He had a barrier trial and and timed work week 2 day 7. How is he vetting?
Barrier trials show up as timed works - so it is only one exercise event.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'm assuming you've doublechecked the equipment - that's the first thing I do with underachievers is make sure I haven't glitched that up somehow.

I'd have probably followed up that barrier trial with an N2L before returning to stakes competition. He's in Japan, so they've got those richer purses for the N2L out there, plus those races are for 4+ which are a little easier. I'd play around in conditioned allowances for a start or two before jumping back up to stakes. Plus, you might get a better sense of what his best distance is. I think it is shorter sprints, since he seems to tire going 7 furlongs.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago I'm assuming you've doublechecked the equipment - that's the first thing I do with underachievers is make sure I haven't glitched that up somehow.

I'd have probably followed up that barrier trial with an N2L before returning to stakes competition. He's in Japan, so they've got those richer purses for the N2L out there, plus those races are for 4+ which are a little easier. I'd play around in conditioned allowances for a start or two before jumping back up to stakes. Plus, you might get a better sense of what his best distance is. I think it is shorter sprints, since he seems to tire going 7 furlongs.
Yes, equipment is correct.
Okay, I'll test another barrier trial and then let him go in a nw2 in japan.
Thank you for your input, Laura.

(and if he fails with me, I'll gladly lease him to you) x3
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

Sara,

I agree with Laura but stopping you on the barrier trial.
Don't ship him all the way back to the States.
Just run him in a NW2 on a Tuesday or Thursday in Japan.

Best chance to get him a win.
If you need one created, let me know and I gladly do for you.
Just name the date.
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I’d add check his fitness- a barrier trial isn’t as tough as a race and he hasn’t done much since his last race last year. He might need a little sharpening up. Also, I agree that a sponsored restricted conditions race over 5f is a good next step as he’s been drilled at 6 1/2 and 7 f without success.

That said, I also think gelding make sense. His works suggest he’s a lower end stakes galloper, and it’s hard to win stakes with those
In this division. But he ought to make decent money in Japan condition races especially with a little gelding boost, and when the timing is right get on the board in the occasional stakes race. These sorts are frustrating, but they can find a niche and earn solid money for a few years, even if they aren’t big winners.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.