Stewardbred Foals Already Bought?

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Stewardbred Foals Already Bought?

Post by Gavin Guile »

So I can see Pete Vella and Danny Derby have already bought stewardbred foals (9.4m and 8.2m respectively). How does a player get access to purchase a horse like this outside of an auction?
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Stewardbred Foals Already Bought?

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Ask
yeah
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Someone else got one cheaper then them but you gone pay the premium regardless
;p
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago Ask
Will do
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

I know these horses are expensive and probably would go for these prices in auction, but one thing that is unfortunate for us low budget people is that I can try and sneak and grab a lower end stewardbred usually because of the restrictions on the auction. Usually you can only buy two per auction.

Since these big time horses are now out of an auction, that just moves everyone one else down the chain some more as the big budgets will still buy two top horses of the auction.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I saw that Laura Ferguson had bought https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1326038 so I didn't want to get left behind. Sent The Steward a message asking about buying Invisible String, and the next day she was in my inbox for $8.2M.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I'm not selling anything less than $6 million right now pre-sale (I had a deal with Bayou on that $1 million foal from 2 SIM years ago), and need to breed more to replenish non-sales horses. But yes, anyone is welcome to ask if they have the money! I'm happy to sell!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Durzo Blint wrote: 3 years ago I know these horses are expensive and probably would go for these prices in auction, but one thing that is unfortunate for us low budget people is that I can try and sneak and grab a lower end stewardbred usually because of the restrictions on the auction. Usually you can only buy two per auction.

Since these big time horses are now out of an auction, that just moves everyone one else down the chain some more as the big budgets will still buy two top horses of the auction.
It will be a limit of 1 in the auction.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Durzo Blint wrote: 3 years ago I know these horses are expensive and probably would go for these prices in auction, but one thing that is unfortunate for us low budget people is that I can try and sneak and grab a lower end stewardbred usually because of the restrictions on the auction. Usually you can only buy two per auction.

It will be a limit of 1 in the auction.
Thanks, but Durzo’s point still applies as Danny Laura and Pete will likely each get one in the auction instead of buying these three thus 3 people being shut out that may not have been otherwise
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I'm not selling anything less than $6 million right now pre-sale (I had a deal with Bayou on that $1 million foal from 2 SIM years ago), and need to breed more to replenish non-sales horses. But yes, anyone is welcome to ask if they have the money! I'm happy to sell!
Also, good to know... I was unaware that players could do this...is there a way to know which horse are eligible to be bought outside of auction? In your message you said none of the other foals you have currently bred are for sale outside of an auction. How can players discern which future ones will be and won’t be?
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I can see how this might seem unfair but 6 mil+ is a great way to take their money away. It’s a 2-3 year investment that may never pan out. It’s not a golden ticket to the chocolate factory. 8.2 million is a third of Danny’s year 56 earnings. That’s a chunk. I think that point is justwhatever?
;p
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Gavin Guile wrote: 3 years ago
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I'm not selling anything less than $6 million right now pre-sale (I had a deal with Bayou on that $1 million foal from 2 SIM years ago), and need to breed more to replenish non-sales horses. But yes, anyone is welcome to ask if they have the money! I'm happy to sell!
Also, good to know... I was unaware that players could do this...is there a way to know which horse are eligible to be bought outside of auction? In your message you said none of the other foals you have currently bred are for sale outside of an auction. How can players discern which future ones will be and won’t be?
Just by asking. I keep a list of who I'm willing to sell and at what value, vs who I want there to be a "battle" over via bidding. Tizerkane is one I want there to be bidding on, etc.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Just by asking. I keep a list of who I'm willing to sell and at what value, vs who I want there to be a "battle" over via bidding. Tizerkane is one I want there to be bidding on, etc.
Thanks!
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago I can see how this might seem unfair but 6 mil+ is a great way to take their money away. It’s a 2-3 year investment that may never pan out. It’s not a golden ticket to the chocolate factory. 8.2 million is a third of Danny’s year 56 earnings. That’s a chunk. I think that point is justwhatever?
What do you mean by “that point is justwhatever”? You’re looking at only race earnings...a lot of these players make money via stud fees and other methods. I usually pay double my avg yearly race earnings for stewardbreds (a third would be amazing). I’m not concerned about the price paid but rather that information is understood/shared by all. Not sure if players knew they could send the steward a note asking to buy a foal, I didn’t. I’m a paying customer and wished I understood what players can do and can’t do. There seems to be a lot of “insider info” that not all players are privy too. Can I ask the steward for advice on race placement? Breedings from a specific mare? What crosses best with a certain side? When to retire a horse? Will a horse be a good stud? If we can I feel like everyone would be asking and the steward would be overwhelmed with questions. I’m sure other players would have been willing to buy the three horses at those prices if they knew of its availability...

My other concern was the one Durzo highlighted. Three strong horses no longer in the auction going to three strong players that will buy another one in the auction and forcing three players out... seems unfair from that standpoint especially since there are limited numbers that can even be sold ahead of time as mentioned above. If someone had 6m and wanted to buy a foal they would potentially be limited.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Post by Jack Ryder »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago I can see how this might seem unfair but 6 mil+ is a great way to take their money away. It’s a 2-3 year investment that may never pan out. It’s not a golden ticket to the chocolate factory. 8.2 million is a third of Danny’s year 56 earnings. That’s a chunk. I think that point is justwhatever?
What do you mean by “that point is justwhatever”? You’re looking at only race earnings...a lot of these players make money via stud fees and other methods. I usually pay double my avg yearly race earnings for stewardbreds (a third would be amazing). I’m not concerned about the price paid but rather that information is understood/shared by all. Not sure if players knew they could send the steward a note asking to buy a foal, I didn’t. I’m a paying customer and wished I understood what players can do and can’t do. There seems to be a lot of “insider info” that not all players are privy too. Can I ask the steward for advice on race placement? Breedings from a specific mare? What crosses best with a certain side? When to retire a horse? Will a horse be a good stud? If we can I feel like everyone would be asking and the steward would be overwhelmed with questions. I’m sure other players would have been willing to buy the three horses at those prices if they knew of its availability...

My other concern was the one Durzo highlighted. Three strong horses no longer in the auction going to three strong players that will buy another one in the auction and forcing three players out... seems unfair from that standpoint especially since there are limited numbers that can even be sold ahead of time as mentioned above. If someone had 6m and wanted to buy a foal they would potentially be limited.
I believe it has been said by the steward that nearly all her foals are for sale at the right price previously in the forums.