Foal TBS for sale

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Foal TBS for sale

Post by David Faulkner »

Chase your fate
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1330689

for sale with a Note
price $ 4.1M

interested send private message

Thanks
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Foal TBS for sale

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

that was quick
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Must be a record
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

sold

Thank you very much Eric
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Eric does like those DR, lol
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Dirt routers are good, notes are good, money is fungible, and steward breds are going away. I did this last year too, by the way, snapping up pinhooked horses.

Mostly, when someone tells you a horse has a stewie note, buy it? I'll make the $4m back next week leading a couple mares, c'est la vie.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

100% agreed Eric, just wish I had the $4M, nice pick up!
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

IDK why newish players pinhooking Steward bred unicorns makes me sad but it just does. These fillies and colts could be foundation beasts for the SIM player and could go a long way towards a happy long SIM life and a stronger overall SIM community for years to come. Sad moment over. jX
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Jon Xett wrote: 3 years ago IDK why newish players pinhooking Steward bred unicorns makes me sad but it just does. These fillies and colts could be foundation beasts for the SIM player and could go a long way towards a happy long SIM life and a stronger overall SIM community for years to come. Sad moment over. jX
They're playing the game in a way that makes them happy. To each their own!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Jon Xett wrote: 3 years ago IDK why newish players pinhooking Steward bred unicorns makes me sad but it just does. These fillies and colts could be foundation beasts for the SIM player and could go a long way towards a happy long SIM life and a stronger overall SIM community for years to come. Sad moment over. jX
Just wait for us to start pinhooking jXbred horses. dropping stacks for that good ol luck
;p
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

David Velasquez: thank you so much for reaching out to me. It was nice to hear from you. I am glad that your pinhooking experience turned out the way you had hoped and that it allowed you to remain active in the game. Best wishes for a successful year, jX
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Jon Xett wrote: 3 years ago David Velasquez: thank you so much for reaching out to me. It was nice to hear from you. I am glad that your pinhooking experience turned out the way you had hoped and that it allowed you to remain active in the game. Best wishes for a successful year, jX
:P Thank you very much to you Mr. Xett, for worrying about the new players, that they can keep in their stables the opportunities that may arise at any time

Many exist for you too

Regards :P
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

[quote="Danny Derby"

They're playing the game in a way that makes them happy. To each their own!
[/quote]

Danny: Don't you know it, brother! I invented "playing the game that makes me happy". All in fun, once again. Your friend, jX
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

[quote="Andrew Davidson"
[/quote]

Just wait for us to start pinhooking jXbred horses. dropping stacks for that good ol luck
[/quote]

Andrew: correct me if I'm wrong Andrew, but I rarely sell my jX bred mares so there would not be much stacks to be had. But there are several jX bred horses owned by other players that are currently running, some of which people say are doing quite well, that if those players were to place them up for auction they might bring a pretty penny. But selling your Davidson bred for stacks, that would be cool.
Best, jX
Last edited by Jon Xett 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

As a rule I agree. It's a core part of what I believe about the game and how it operates (money only exists go get horses!). That said, I'm till happy to buy horses that I think are talented when they're available, and I do recognize that at times a big profit on a foal that I can 1) take a big risk on and 2) delay returns on for *years* might be smart for some.

At the end if the day, the game isn't about amassing money. It's about amassing horses who win races. Money always flows into the SIM. It's not true for all players, but once a stable is established, got *should* be able to leverage that in your favor. If it means you take a swing on a random $4m horse because it has a note in the comments ... Give it a rip! If it means trying to turn your stewie who has a note into a windfall that really helps your stable, give it a rip!

Ultimately - to anyone who may be reading, Jon is right even if I'm not above buying horses from those that want to move on. What makes sense for you and your stable is your own decision - but one thing good stables never do is give up good horses without serious thought. As long as what you're getting is well thought out when you sell a potentially good horse, more power to you.

P.S. this is still a lot of angst over a foal who almost certainly isn't earning the $4m I paid! Call it the coolmore phenomenon. Only 1/20 needs to pay their way and I'll be happy.