TBS Y57 foal auction

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: TBS Y57 foal auction

Post by Danny Derby »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 3 years ago Danny, He was already on the way before I read your additional reply. No offense meant, but he was already sent.
Just giving you a hard time :D. Grats on the easy money!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago I’m just curious why we have limits on the auctions and all, seems a lot of people just flip them. Why not just let the rich barns try to buy as many as they can and just take that money out of the game all together? 🤷‍♀️
Cause that’s dumb
;p
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago I’m just curious why we have limits on the auctions and all, seems a lot of people just flip them. Why not just let the rich barns try to buy as many as they can and just take that money out of the game all together? 🤷‍♀️
because then poor people complain they can't get pinhook money and then becomes a rich vs poor thing every auction.
This way was perfect, let the rich fight over the top end horses and then let them fight over the pinhooks.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Got outbid on my top pick, got outbid on my 2nd choice with 2mins left and while trying to work just looked for something with a Dam's name I knew by sight.lol Ended up with This filly who has a note. Realized about an hour later I have her yearling half. He is a freak so hopefully that bodes well for her!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Bought this knowing full well it was not the best in the auction, but I do have a thing for real life pedigrees. Maybe it will, maybe it won't but meh. shrugs
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

I got one with a note, super stoked about him!
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Some people <------ forgot about auction ending today. Lol 🤣😂
Whhaaaa &'!+(;'$*":+;:-/
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

What is “ a note” besides the quote literal, generic definition
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago What is “ a note” besides the quote literal, generic definition
Sometimes, The Steward will leave little comments in the horse notes on the foals she breeds. They can say something like,"<3 please don't change the name," or something similar, indicating that she perhaps favors them. Players love getting horses with notes because they feel more special, like they have a better chance to do great things.

It's far from a sure thing though; I've had a few with notes who I considered to be let downs. Still, most of us would rather get a horse with a Steward note than one without it!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago What is “ a note” besides the quote literal, generic definition
It is usually a heart and/or a statement saying please don't change the name from Em. I'm sure there are others, but that is the two I know for certain about.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Nini Hunter wrote: 3 years ago
Sometimes, The Steward will leave little comments in the horse notes on the foals she breeds. They can say something like,"<3 please don't change the name," or something similar, indicating that she perhaps favors them. Players love getting horses with notes because they feel more special, like they have a better chance to do great things.

It's far from a sure thing though; I've had a few with notes who I considered to be let downs. Still, most of us would rather get a horse with a Steward note than one without it!
Thanks. I don’t suppose they ever say “na an manna na- Sucker!!!!” ? Cause that could be kinda fun.
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Once I got a note on a sprinter, that suggested she wasn't a sprinter at all. I would've ruined her career without the note.
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

I got my first, and most likely last, Steward bred ever. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1330666
I'm glad Em decided to do it this way. Otherwise I wouldn't have stood much of a chance getting one. There were a couple of others I 'wanted" but honestly just happy to get any of them. And if she doesn't do well, at least she's a filly so there is broodmare opportunity in the future.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Other common notes are "Vroom!" and "pretty baby!"

I have all the eloquence of a 12 year old
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Mine had a note!

It said " "
I have a stable full of cats