Re-reading Steward Bred Ownership

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Re-reading Steward Bred Ownership

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I went to bid in the Stewart’s current foal auction and, oops, I was alerted I had already purchased my max of two this year. Both are stakes dirt routers and probably cheaper than I might have gotten in this sale but...

I went and reread the rules and, yup, two purchases of any kind shuts a player out for the year unless one has $3 million, which not very often for me. The idea of the rich not getting richer, I’m not really buying that, actually I’m not buying anything it seems. 😩
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Re-reading Steward Bred Ownership

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Sorry Keith, I know for me I specifically avoided buying any stewardbreds all season from player auctions, dispersals ect because of the 3 million extra I would be forced to pay if I wanted a foal.

Yes I could easily afford to pay 3 million for more slots, but that is really not something I want to do, there are better ways to spend 3 mill in my opinion.

So I think the new rules are working as intended.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I’m in the same place as you Keith, but I was aware of what I was doing. I picked up an unretired mare early and I’m happy with her. The colt I picked up, I could probably do without. A turf sprinter is not exactly in my wheelhouse, but variety being the spice of life, I’m taking a shot.

Best of luck to all!
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

I didn't buy any pinhooks or Stewardbreds this year, for this very reason. I think more pinhooks and Stewardbreds will find their way to the smaller barns, which was the intended goal. More players down the line having access to Stewardbreds is a great thing for the game overall and hopefully we will see one or two less "disperal" auctions, due to the new changes.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I caught myself twice in the last week! I almost put a claim in on a Stewie by accident, and almost picked up a non-retired one from AJ 😬
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I do have a home bred freak (progressive to boot) in my yearling barn. So who needs a stinkin' Steward bred. :lol:
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 3 years ago I do have a home bred freak (progressive to boot) in my yearling barn. So who needs a stinkin' Steward bred. :lol:
LMAO!!!!!!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 3 years ago I do have a home bred freak (progressive to boot) in my yearling barn. So who needs a stinkin' Steward bred. :lol:
I dunno! I’m always open to the chance at another freak gracing my aisles haha
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt