Auction-Tired of Expensive Lousy Runners

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Auction-Tired of Expensive Lousy Runners

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I have this auction up Tired of Expensive Lousy Runners. There are 8 Stewardbreds, 6 I bought for 800K or more, all are current runners except for one mare, 11 were stakes and 4 were allowance as of their last gallop. They don't excite me much anymore with their performance so I'm just letting them go to a better home. Check it out!

Thanks!

Sugar Bottom Stable Ownership
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Re: Auction-Tired of Expensive Lousy Runners

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Expensive Lousy Runners was probably not the best name for an auction. My desire to keep working hard in the SIM has gotten severely diminished and I'm cutting back to just enough runners to keep me going until my homebred yearling dirt router freak runs next year (I'll be down to 8 runners and 6 yearlings).

That being said, my average purchase price for my 15 auction horses is just under $1 million each. Right now the auction has generated about $58,000 in total. There are two horses that were around $2 million each and the bids are $2 and $3. I get that buying a Steward bred who is not performing is a bad deal at any price since it affects buying a better Steward bred for sale or bidding in a Steward's auction.

Money doesn't matter too much for me right now so what I get is what I get. But I do want to alert those who might need or want one of these guys that they are there for the taking.

Later
Sugar Bottom Stable Ownership
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

the stewardbred limit rule is affecting many players Keith. Keep that in mind.

If someone has maxed out on 2 stewardbreds this year (non retired), they will be forced to buy an extra slot at 3 million.
Or also they could have a slot left and might want to save it in case something better shows up later and not waste it on these.

Pinhooking/reselling stewardbreds is harder now. Sorry Keith.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Pietro Vella wrote: 2 years ago the stewardbred limit rule is affecting many players Keith. Keep that in mind.

If someone has maxed out on 2 stewardbreds this year (non retired), they will be forced to buy an extra slot at 3 million.
Or also they could have a slot left and might want to save it in case something better shows up later and not waste it on these.

Pinhooking/reselling stewardbreds is harder now. Sorry Keith.
Not a problem really since I was well aware of the 2 Stewardbred rule when I started the auction and money spent on Stewardbreds doesn't guarantee anything. The 2 a year rule is one that I might just hate the most since the best part of my barn is usually made up of Stewardbreds. Anyhow my follow up was an alert to lesser barns that don't usually have access to Stewardbreds even bad ones.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

A little more than a day to go. Million dollar purchases available for $10k or less. Gotta have some value even as claimers.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Ends 8PM Eastern Daylight Time tonight. All fifteen still at bargain basement prices.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Ricky Spanish
Two Year Old

Post by Ricky Spanish »

Thank you for this auction, Keith. I got my first steward bred and a 3yo I hope I can have some fun with too. :)