Nursery Stud 3rd Annual Leasing Program

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

OK, just to give everyone the same amount of heads up, here are the details on the 3rd Annual Nursery Stud Leasing Program. There are a few changes from last year, but the concept is pretty much the same. I expect to put up 38 mares (I may toss in one or two more to get it to an even 40). They'll go up sometime the afternoon or evening (game time) December 14th, precisely when depends on how my schedule shakes out, but in any event, they won't be posted any time prior to 1:00 pm gametime on the 14th. That's the absolute earliest they could/would be posted.

Eligible Players
The only players who are not eligible are players who have a negative balance at the time the mares are posted. I can't see how you can afford to maintain a baby when you have negative money.

What to Do
1. Post which mare you want. You are allowed to pick one mare, first come, first serve. There was some confusion on this point two years ago, but I'll try to make this clear right now. All you have to do right now, is pick the mare. Don't worry about making decisions like who to breed her to, what to name the baby, etc. Just go, ooh, pretty - I want her! And post that you want her. Savvy? Update. Just to be clear. I need to be able to identify who you are from your post. So, if your name is significantly different than your name on the Owners list, please let me know. If I can't identify you, your pick won't count. Also, you need to pick your own mare. You can't have someone pick on your behalf. I hadn't thought of that, because it hasn't been an issue in past years, but it recently came up in a new players contest thread, so I thought I'd eliminate any confusion on that point.

2. Between the time you pick the mare and the Saturday after Week 16 Ults, figure out who you want to breed the mare to. When you're ready, contact me and let me know (1) who you want me to breed the mare to, (2) what you want to name the baby,(3) what color you want the baby to be and (4) whether you want a colt, filly, or simply want me to hit random. You're welcome to wait while you save money or do whatever else you want to do in the next several weeks. No rush on this point, but I will need the information prior to the deadline, in paragraph 3 below.

3. If you do not e-mail me the information from paragraph 2, by 11:59 pm game time the Saturday after Week 16 Ults are posted (meaning the next day, not 8 days later), I will put your mare back up and let someone else have a shot at leasing her. I'm doing this because each of the past two years, I have had to breed one or two mares that should have been leased, but the person dropped the ball. My goal is to not have the work of breeding them, so this is my solution to that problem. So, you're on fair notice, and after Week 16 Res Day, I will do one post of all the players I haven't heard from, and they'll have until the deadline to get back to me. That will be your only warning. So, keep your eyes posted for any last minute opportunities.

3. I will breed the baby and private offer him/her to you as follows:

A. If your bankroll is less than $500,000 (I will print out balances right before I post the mares, and that printout will determine who qualifies for what), the foal will be private offered for $20,000 plus the cost of the stud fee. With the exception of Black Condor, California and Del Mar, if you are interested in breeding the mare to one of my stallions, and I think it is a fit in terms of dirt sprinter to dirt sprinter, or turf router to turf router, I'll knock 50% off the listed stud fee.

B. If your bankroll is between $500,001 and $999,999, the foal will be private offered for $35,000 plus the cost of the stud fee. Same possible 50% discount on Nursery Stud stallions.

C. If your bankroll is $1 million or more, the foal will be private offered for $50,000 plus the cost of the stud fee. No 50% discount on Nursery Stud stallions, as I'm really doing it more for the poorer players than an across the board discount.

In each of the groups (A-C), if you can cut a deal with the stallion owner, and save money on the stud fee, please feel free to do so, but be polite about doing so - my intent is not for stallion owners to get bombarded with discount requests. Similarly, if you want me to hang onto the baby until the end of the year before transferring the baby, that's fine, too.

Finally, have fun! Hopefully, this allows you to acquire a foal in a less expensive manner - you'll still have the upfront cost, and board/day rate to keep in mind. If you end up pinhooking the baby and making money that way, or if a richer player offers you money to breed the mare a certain way, and wants to pay you for that privilege, again, feel free - you won't offend me. My goal is to save my sanity from breeding still more mares between now and the end of the year, reduce my foal crop size, and help players out. Whether that help is a foal or pinhook profits doesn't matter to me.

Thanks for reading!

Laura
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

Oh yay, fun! :) I am excited!
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

This is a fabulous program. Thanks for hosting it again this year Laura. I am so pleased with the 2 YO I was able to obtain through this program (Courage Was Mine) and am extra excited about Strong Tower, my yearling. Hoping to get a Ferguson bred foal for this year also.

Thanks again for the opportunity!
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Wow! FUN!
Between the Shields breds and Eric Nalbone cleaning out his yearlings, I don't have much money left! :P
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Updated. I don't expect to update this again until I actually put the mares up.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

To help people in wading through the list, I've put the mare's pedigree, and a quick summary of her racing/broodmare record. Good luck and enjoy!

Acushla (Barbaro x Oonagh Maccool by Giant’s Causeway), winner. First foal is a yearling. Jade Leroux (A)

Affluent (Affirmed x Trinity Place by Strawberry Road), real life G1 winner. Dam of two winners, one graded stakes-placed. Jolene Danner (B )

Alamouna (Indian Ridge x Alasana by Darshaan), real life winner. 2yo second in debut. Mac Silver (C )

All About A Dream (Fusaichi Pegasus x Northwest Colors by Broad Brush), 3 wins, twice graded stakes-placed. [B}Evan Rosier (A) [/B]

Ambitious Cat (Storm Cat x Lilac Garden by Roberto) Dam of two graded-stakes placed winners; 2yo is G2 stakes-placed. Nathan Robert (A)

Brilliant Disguise (A.P. Indy x Jersey Girl by Belong to Me), unraced half-sister to Sports Jersey, etc. Dam of two winners. Kat Turnbull (C )

Classical Music (Priceless Forever x Miss Concerto by Concerto), grade 1 placed winner; 3 winners from 4 foals of racing age. Chris Briggs (A)

Country Hideaway (Seeking the Gold x Our Country Place by Pleasant Colony), real life graded stakes winner. Tim Matthews, Jr (A)

Dance With Doves (A.P. Indy x Dancethruthedawn by Mr. Prospector), unraced half-sister to champion Storm’s Twilight, G1 winners Drama, Storm Trooper, etc. 2 winner from 4 starters. Chani Ruzzo (A)

Dancinginmydreams (Seeking the Gold x Oh What a Dance by Nijinsky II), real life G1 winner. Two stakes-placed winners, one other winner, from five foals of racing age. Robert Mertz (A)

Dancing With Fate (Fighting With Wit x Treasured Secret by Priceless Forever), 2 time winner. Two winners from three foals to race. Amy Atkins (A)

Darling My Darling (Deputy Minister x Roamin Rachel by Mining), real life G1 winner. Dam of a grade 3 placed winner. Gabby o'Toole (A)

Desert Diva (Desert King x Mrs. Diva by Riverman), winner. First foal is a yearling. {B]Peter Gleason (A) [/B]

Ender's Sister (A.P. Indy x Gold Rush Queen by Seeking the Gold), real life stakes winner. Three winners, two of them graded-stakes placed, from four foals of racing age. 2yo fourth in debut. Roman Reigns (A)

Featherbed (Smart Strike x Favorite Feather by Capote), real life G1 placed winner; winner in SIM. Murray McNickle (A)

Fountain of Peace (Kris S. x Coup de Genie by Mr. Prospector), out of champion full sister to Machiavellian; dam of three winners from four foals of racing age; one of them multiple graded stakes-placed. Mike Prevost (A)

Full Moon Tonight (Storm Cat x Successfully by Affirmed), winner; first three foals to race are all multiple winners and graded stakes-placed. Matt Wilson (A)

Goaheadandbelieve (Zinfandel x Go Ahead And Dream by Fighting With Wit), winner; first foal graded-stakes placed winner. Rob Kilbourn (A)

Greathearted (Giant's Causeway x Touch of Greatness by Hero’s Honor); half-sister to Elusive Quality; first three foals are all winners, one Grade 1 stakes-placed; 2yo has hit the board in first three starts. Lisa Strummer (B )

Halo River (Irish River x All Hallows by Halo), real life stakes winner; first two foals both stakes-placed winners. Kevin Henn (A)

Hudson Bay (Chesapeake Bay x Brilianclivsforever by Priceless Forever), G3 placed winner. Stephen Skaggs (A)

Infatuation (Give Applause x Eliza's Night Out by Formal Gold), full sister to champion Storm of Applause, half-sister to Shatterproof, Heartshattering, Freak of Nature, etc; four winners from five foals of racing age. Charles Bunbury (c )

Jersey Mambo (Kingmambo x Jersey Girl by Belong to Me), half-sister to Sports Jersey, etc; dam of two graded stakes-placed winners. Scott Eiland (A)

Laguna Seca (Seattle Slew x Topicount by Private Account), real life stakes winner; dam of two winners, one of them graded stakes placed. Laura Smith (C )

Moonlit Wings (Fighting With Wit x Salutations by Boston Harbor), G3 placed winner; dam of a winner. Krystle Yanagihara (c )

Mumbai (Buddha x Watching From Afar by Equation), stakes winner. First foal is a yearling. Mike Eaton (A)

Onetofightthemfor (Worth Fighting For x One for the Ages by Event of the Year), G3 placed winner; half-sister to millionaires Melancholy, Onetodefyallothers, One to Remember, etc. Leigh Ann Anderson (A)

On Parade (Storm Cat x My Flag by Easy Goer), real life G3 placed winner, full sister to champion Storm Flag Flying, etc., dam of four winners. Jonathan Bolt (A)

Prizes (Trophy x Bishoujo Senshi by Fusaichi Pegasus), G1 winner; half-sister to G1 winner Greatest Triumph, G2 winners Against All Odds and Living Legacy, etc. Dam of two winners. Nikki Sherman (c )

Proud Beauty (Danehill x Honey Bun by Unfuwain), real life stakes winner; dam of G3 winner Lone Wolf, stakes winner Gulf Coast. Michelle Calderoni (c )

Red Cross (Hurricane Run x Greathearted by Giant’s Causeway), multiple winner; this will be her first foal. Amanda Kessler (c )

Seattle Gold (A.P. Indy x Bread and Wine by Mr. Prospector), unraced; first foal a 3yo, 2yo has yet to race. Bill Deitch (A)

Snow Bride (Sadler’s Wells x Snow Bride by Blushing Groom), winner, half-sister to champion Lammtarra; first foal is a G3 placed winner, 2yo has yet to race. Matt Woolfolk (A)

Stormy Blessing (Storm Cat x Bless by Mr. Prospector), dam of two foals of racing age; the first is a G3 winner and G1 placed, the second, a 2yo, is second in both his starts to date. Kira Ravenwood (A)

Trolley's Last (Fusaichi Pegasus x Trolley Song by Caro), winning half-sister to Unbridled’s Song. Gary Cooper (A)

Unbridled Vision (Unbridled x Brave Magic by Saint Ballado), winner; first foal fourth in debut. Miryam Cornwall (A)

We Can Be Heroes (Barbaro x If Angels Sang by Seattle Slew), G2 placed winner; first foal a yearling. Paul Heinrich (A)

Winning Season (Lemon Drop Kid x Topicount by Private Account), real life stakes winner; dam of two winners. Steph Lonhro (A)

Yourtearsrainonme (Fighting With Wit x Reaching for Stars by Fusaichi Pegasus), stakes winner, G1 placed; dam of G3 winner Wheely Fun, G1 placed winner Good Omens. Norman Architecture (B )

Updated to list mares already selected. The letter in parentheses indicates which level, A, B, or C, the player falls under (see first post if confused).
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Post by Charles Bunbury »

Hi Laura,

Infatuation if possible please.

thanks

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.

Kat Turnbull I
Miler

Post by Kat Turnbull I »

I would like to use Brilliant Disguise please ;)
Matty Dubs
Eclipse Champion

Post by Matty Dubs »

Full Moon Tonight, please, Laura.
This is where a creative signature would go.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Full Moon Tonight! Dammit! Red Cross, please :)

BLEH, that's the SECOND time I missed Full Moon. Ah well, Red Cross will do just fine.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

winning season please
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Affluent!! Please. Love this program Laura! thanks!
Robert Mertz
Two Year Old

Post by Robert Mertz »

Dancinginmydreams please THANK YOU

Robert Mertz
Roman Reigns
Two Year Old

Post by Roman Reigns »

Ender's Sister Thank you Laura

Roman Reigns
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Norman Architecture »

Yourtearsrainonme please Laura
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.