I'm just Swain...

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

I'm just Swain...

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

So...after hypoing my brains out during the auction, the mare I got ended up being a blue hen and straight A with turf milers Regal Maverick, Beau, Backstreet Boy, King Moonracer, and Racing Heartbeat. Under Stars and PJB were A-. Not sure how versatile other mares may be, because Swain in real life ran dirt and turf and routed. Good luck to those who got one of these mares!

Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Re: I'm just Swain...

Post by Louise Bayou »

Mine is blue hen, A- to PJB who is the only TM I hypoed since I was looking for a mare for him. I did try her with others and got -B to Shaken not Stirred, C to Voodoo, A- to PJB,Talus B- if that helps anyone
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Blue hen for mine too, looking like that was all of them from what I've seen!

I picked a couple from different divisions, because I wasn't sure how much if at all it would be based on Swain's actual career, and got A to Beau, A to Regal Maverick, A- to Omaha Beach, B to Brilliance, B to Improvisational, C to Best Revenge
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I checked a few of them for TR with Valar and got B+ with all of them. Interestingly, Sottsass was an A- with those same mares. Not sure if that is because of his TM ability or because the mares are also AW capable?
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Mine is also 'very unsound.' Unsure if that's the same across the board. She gave me a 'somewhat unsound' baby, so I'm glad that isn't the other way around :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

For grins, I hypoed my mare with multi surface sires Mitole and Into Mischief and she was A- to both. Not sure that cleared things up or made them more confused!

Chris Barber
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Chris Barber »

BH for me as well A
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Mine, too, is a Blue Hen, and hypos A with a multitude of TM stallions. Also A- and B+ with other TM stallions. I tried her on DR, DM, AWR, AWM, TR and AWM with nothing higher than a B-.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

All the ones I checked were flat B to a decent TS, if that's useful to anyone.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Seems like the consensus is that these mares are generally BH and generally TM...with some having above average hypo grades (A-, B+) to multi-surface sires and a few TR sires.

Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Phil Hoeflich wrote: 1 year ago Seems like the consensus is that these mares are generally BH and generally TM...with some having above average hypo grades (A-, B+) to multi-surface sires and a few TR sires.
It's been interesting watching them all to see who people are sending them to!
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Mine is following the trend: blue hen, unsound, A with turf milers, B with turf routers. It will be interesting to see how they perform as broodmares.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000