TBS What did you get?

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: TBS What did you get?

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I was surprised when I got a text that I won one, I assume it was an underbid? I was afraid to gallop him but he turned out to be a stakes peak, not sad, not excited haha but I think a steal of a deal for a stakes

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1594509

Edit: His name is now Laser Beams 🤣
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

Stakes peak turf route colt for 100k. I be happy.
Jonathan Fisher
Classic Contender

Post by Jonathan Fisher »

I got the Alacazam ds colt for 701k stakes peak happy with that
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

I got a stakes Peak TR colt. Would consider a swap for a similar TS colt https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1599406
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Stakes peak DR colt, 67k post gallop adjustment sounds like a good deal to me.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Felt like being spendy. 10.2m for the Clemmie and 850k for the Fortrail-Princess Sadler's who is versatile, which is what I was hoping for. Both stakes.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Brooke Ketron
Miler

Post by Brooke Ketron »

Put a bid on a colt whose dam I bred, just for sentimental sake. Was surprised to see I won and even more surprised when he galloped as a freak/peak. Best 60k I've spent!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

TR filly for $1.2 mil, galloped stake/peak. I have the 2 year old out of the mare and I like him well enough to get a filly sibling.

And a special thanks to the Steward for insuring our new purchases! Are we getting back to insured Steward breds and I just missed the memo?
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

wasnt going to get anythung I really wanted so just threw a low bid on a random dr filly
so Did not expect much so her being a stakes was actually more than I expected
Meghan Kingsley
Sprinter

Post by Meghan Kingsley »

non-select auction -- got an allowance
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I was outbid at the last second for my 2nd choice in the select auction (really wanted the Black Starfall filly, but Laura has oil money lol). Went big to get the Westpoint filly in the second auction. I'm happy, she's stakes.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

I paid a little under 223K for a colt in the TBS yearling auction (select auction was too rich for my bank account(LOL)). I have not galloped him yet. I decided to do something different and did a timed work which was a 58.52 over 5 furlongs for a turf router. I know slow when you see several doing below 58 but I take into account he is probably unfit and that his work did not show his true potential yet. I will find out how he gallops on Day 4 of Week 7. I am guessing he may pull into allowance based on his work although he may very well be productive. I am fine with it. He traces back to a mare I got from the TBS yearling auctions when I was at the top of my game so I am happy just to have something that traces back to a horse I trained. I like that she was a $15,000 purchase that went on to earn over $700 grand.
His sire is a young stud that is just now seeing his first crop hit the track as 2yo's. I like that he has a high percentage of allowance and stakes gallopers in a rather small group of offspring, plus a 5.6% freak gallop. His dam is hard to get a read on as several of her offspring appear not to have been raced but the maternal granddam looks to have been a very nice producer.
I am just glad to have a Steward Bred in my barn to look to the future with. Really looking forward to when he turns 3 as that is when the real fun will begin if he has the potential to be stakes quality(looking forward to Australia, Europe, and Japan). Right now just going to play the waiting game and even if he gallops not the way I think he will, its okay, I have seen claimers go on to be stakes winners as older horses so time will tell.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

The Results So Far (will be updated):

In the Select Auction:

32 Horses (all have galloped):

11 Freaks (6 DR - 3 fillies, 3 colts; 5 TR - 3 colts, 2 fillies)
17 Stakes
1 Allowance
1 Solid
1 Claimer

In Non-Select Auction:

123 Horses (111 have galloped, 8 remain unchecked, 4 not sold):

8 Freaks (3 DR - all colts; 4 TR - all fillies; 1 TM colt)
93 Stakes
10 Allowance
Last edited by Durzo Blint 1 year ago, edited 4 times in total.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Praise be to Durzo, master of spreadsheets, keeper of gallop stats, and deliverer of useful information.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago I said to Brian on the side, but I will put it in here too: he was in the select sale because his dam has been a monster broodmare. But I did not go around artificially inflating my horses after the gallop level change, ie they might have been a freak when they were born, but I didn't bump them up to freak after the change because I don't think that's right. So obviously he still would have been low but he wouldn't have been "claimer" designation.

Only RRH should ever have felt that pain... just kidding, sorry RRH. Now you and Brian can form a club.
I feel for Brian, also anyone else that got anything less than stakes in the “select auction”.

I know it’s always a gamble and the purpose is the pull money out of the game yadda yadda, but the fact the these are hand picked after the steward can see how good they are and then are still placed in a so called “select auction” is a little bothersome. Unless of course the steward is trying deceive us for the money grab.

I just feel like maybe it should not be called a “select auction” unless the horses truly were semi special.

It’s like going to a high end steakhouse, paying the high end stake house Market price and getting a non flavored piece of beef jerky. At least there you can refuse to pay once that scrap of heap if placed in front of you :lol:
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA